Chapter 17 The Past and the Present

Rosé

I wasn't surprised to see a familiar choreographer really. I expected her to be the one to lead us. Atleast I know she's excellent so I'm confident we will gonna have good results under her supervision. The choreographer who appeared was none other than our dance teacher as Blackpink.

She immediately got along well with my members, well they are jolly, friendly and all. It isn't really hard to like them. With good camaraderie and a lively atmosphere, dance steps were being introduced one after the other. She even allowed Blythe to share her ideas and steps making the dancer ecstatic. She is really eager to take over. I love her confidence. The same confidence that Lisa have. I grimaced remembering my ex-girlfriend. I can fool the people around me, but I could never deny to myself that I'm still greatly affected by what happened to my relationship with her. I feel like a mess. I was startled by a pat on my back.

"You remembered her. It's not bad to do, it's not like she is a virus to avoid, she's a total cutie afterall" Genie chuckled beside me. I smiled. I think I'm mistaken. Aside from myself, there's another person I can't fool, and that is the person beside me.

"Are you a mind reader or something?" I asked her.

"Didn't I or didn't my younger sisters told you I'm a deductionist? Or we forgot to tell you that?" she asked back. I shook my head.

"I think you left it to me to deduce it as well" I replied and she turned to me smiling.

"Or I didn't really intend to let you know" she concluded.

"Okay girls, back to work" our choreographer called our attention. We are currently on break when I travelled back to memory lane.

"Sure teacher!" Blythe yelled happily and I can't help but to giggle at her cuteness. I saw the others shaking their head but smiling nevertheless.

It's past 6 pm when we found ourselves back in the comfort of our dorm. Our teacher told us it's better to start light since it's our first day, or else we might find ourself unable to wake up out of soreness. My mind turned green at that statement I had to stifle a snort.

As usual, Jeed took over the kitchen. We offered to help but she shooed us all out, saying she is too happy that she would like to do all the cooking that eve. We just teased her but then left her be.

With nothing to do, I found myself playing my guitar in my room while the other two said they'll go and watch TV. Since I don't feel like watching, I'm strumming to some Beyonce song while humming.

However, I think I regretted being alone. In no time, Lisa took over my mind. It seems my brain is really healthy it took me as far as back in 2017 when we were shooting Blackpink House.

The first flash of memory is when we went to Thailand. After the shooting, I really cried that time at how thoughtful and sweet her mom was to me, starting with that khaoniao mamuang she made especially for me and that very loving message on the card she made for each of us. Of course I didn't reveal  back then but she is well aware of what we are and what we have that time. I know fans did noticed our closeness and they deduced right, we are really close.

Second flash brought me to when we went to Koh Samui. Rooming with your lover is ...ahem... I smiled with the memories, that morning exercise,
and that trip to the beach. I could feel my heart flutter remembering how Lisa rode with me and accompanied me parasailing despite feeling dizzy and suffered from sea sickness.

Third flash brought me when we went to that archery cafe then to the trampoline. I didn't notice I was laughing remembering how she lose all the bets she challenge me with. I reached for a box from my top drawer and brought out the ring she bought me for losing the archery bet. I stared at it for some time smiling. The first ever ring she bought for me. Who would have known she will bought dozens of  rings for me afterwards. I brought out each ring she bought for me, scrutinizing each, and remembering when she gave it to me, bringing smile to my face. I know I'm acting lunatic smiling alone now but who cares, I'm alone right now anyway.