Chapter 12 An Exception?

Genie

"Yow guys, you know what!" Jisoo joined us bouncing in excitement.

"No unnie, we don't, what is it?" Chaeyoung replied and I laughed. She knows how to be funny really.

"These girls brought a special dish with them. It's aroma itself made me very hungry already" she informed us.

"Really? Great, I'll enjoy dinner soon" Chaeyoung became excited as well.

"Genie, what happened to you? You look... As if..." Blythe addressed me, and the two of them are looking at me with questioning eyes, those familiar eyes, those aura telling me I can pour out everything to them. Then I felt my walls crumbling down again. I gestured them to approach me and I immediately hug them tight.

By this gesture, I'm sure they already know something's up with me. Unexpectedly, Jeed glared at our three unnies while they are still engulfing me in a warm hug.

"Did they bully you Genie? What did you do to our unnie?" she asked them in an unfamiliar voice.

"Hey hey Jeed, we are innocent, please don't look at us like that" it's Jisoo unnie and I wanna laugh at the evident fear in her voice.

"So am I" Jennie defended herself as well. Then I heard Chaeyoung sigh. Afterall she is sitting in the same sofa the three of us are huddled together.

"I guess it's me, I'm sorry" she muttered. If I am right, all heads turned towards her.

"It's you? How come?" Blythe asked. Right, how come? They knew I'm quite close with her already. I decided to temporarily cancel my outburst and let it wait once we got home.

"Nah, ignore them guys, I just missed you that's why, also, the unnie line describes us as mischievous, shall we prove it to them?" I escaped from their hugs and showed an evil grin.

"Mischievous eh?" Jeed asked looking at me. I know she's not swayed by my reason by I looked at her pleading to let it go for now until she nodded.

"Mmm, how about we let them watch how mischievous we are?" I asked and looked at the unnies who are also looking at us with questioning eyes.

"But Genie, we don't know a single act on how to be mischievous" Blythe stated looking confused and I laughed.

"Jennie unnie is right anyway, only me knows how to be the pain in the ass. The truth is, I'm hungry. You really brought up the special dish you said you're cooking for me?" I asked and they nodded.

"We actually cooked twice more for everyone" Jeed replied smiling.

"Good, I can't wait to introduce to our unnies the skills of our own chef" I grinned and stood up going to the kitchen.

"Please pardon our unnie, she's acting weird we know" I heard Blythe addressed the unnies who just chuckled at her statement before I sensed them entering the kitchen as well.

Jennie

Dinner was fun, with the antics of these younger girls, it became fun. In the past, I can held back myself from obviously enjoying Lisa's antics, because I want to maintain a cold aura, but with these girls, I just can't. Every now and then, I find myself laughing over something they said or did. Jisoo who loves humour is enjoying the most. Chaeyoung on the other hand is trying to be her usual bubbly self that only stage and show viewers isn't aware of. I am well aware of the pain she is hiding right now but what could we really do to help but to try and cheer her up?

When we ate our fill, Jeed and Blythe volunteered to take over the kitchen again. We now knew that it is easier to let them than to argue. Once they'll move in with Chaeyoung, I don't think they'll even need to request a maid.