Chapter 2 Initial Decision

Rosé

"Hello Rosé, how have you been" our CEO greeted me as I opened the door.

"Just a little tired sir, you wanted to talk to me?" I asked as I sat down at the chair in front of his table.

"Yes, thank you for dropping. This will be quick because I know you are just on your 30 minute break. I just wanted to know if you have already decided which proposal to take?" he asked me straight to the point. That's what I like when talking about business, especially when I am supposed to be eating but has to be here instead. But the thing is, I have no ready answer for his question.

"I have been thinking on what the girls told me when I informed them that they're gonna debut soon. Their main concern is their lack of leader responsible for most decision making and in organizing the group. That time I told them to choose any among themselves but no one was confident. Thinking further, I think, Genie was right. Although their talents are ready if their group isn't, it would be a waste to have them debut soon. So I have decided to delay their debut for a year..." the CEO paused and I gasped.

Delayed debut? They will experience the same ordeal as we had? That is... My thoughts were interrupted when the CEO continued speaking.

"Unless..." he looked at me, "you will agree to join their group" there, he finished her sentence.

My mouth opened in shock. Why do I feel like I am being black mailed? If I wanna be a good person, I will have to choose joining their group right? Why do I feel like that was the only choice I have? I am starting to feel frustrated.

"Look Rosé, I am not forcing you to choose which is which. I am sorry if it sounded like it, but if you choose to be a soloist instead, that will be fine by me" the CEO spoke again and I sighed.

"Also, if you will chose to be a soloist, the trainees wouldn't have to know about this second deal, so don't be afraid of the idea that they will hate you if you wouldn't choose them. They look up to you and I'm sure they'll understand you if ever" our CEO continued.

Well now after literally giving me no choice, he's trying to amend her words, ughh, what do I do? Which should I chose? Those girls are great. They have the talents I'm serious!

"How long will the contract with them be?" I asked because I cannot possibly spend another 7 years here. My contract as a soloist is only good for 4 years, as I modified it.

"If you will join them, I'll make it for just two years. By then, I'm sure they have learned from you already and can finally chose a leader among them if they wish to renew"

I sighed. It really sounds like I'll be a springboard for them. I'm not sure if this CEO is really that genuine and sincere as he is showing. I sighed again. But it won't hurt to help those girls right? Besides, they're fun to be with. I can have fun time. And I began to become fond of them. They are all so sweet. Their pleading eyes came to mind and touched my heart.

"Okay, fine"

"Okay?" the CEO repeated. Oh, I said that out loud?

"Yes, I'll be joining their group sir" there, I said it, no turning back. He smiled.

"Thank you. If the girls will hear this, they will want to throw a party" he chuckled.

"That would be overacting" I replied smiling.

"Oh, not for them. They really look up to you. I'm sure you'll make a good leader" the CEO smiled at me.

"I hope so" I replied weakly, slowly realizing what I just agreed to be, a LEADER? I don't even know how to be a leader, I never became a leader, how can I lead them. I internally face palmed myself.