Chapter 9 Analyzations and Decisions

THIRD POV

While Genie is in deep thought, Chaeyoung came back now in her pajamas. When she sat down beside her, Genie passed the medicine and water. She looked at Genie as if asking her how did she know but the younger girl kept her head down. She wouldn't need to ask anymore. Who else knows her more than anyone there but Lisa?

"Time for you to sleep unnie. Feeling better now?" Genie finally looked up when she saw her put the glass down on the table. She's even smiling now.

"Much better, thanks for coming up really. The unnies never saw me in such state so a while ago, they panicked. On those times, only... only Lisa witnessed all the previous attacks I had, and only her knows what to do" Chaeyoung shared.

"I think she passed out. You're not mad at her aren't you?" Genie asked.

"No I'm not. The scratch do hurt, but I'm not mad at her. I'm just...." she obviously cannot continue her words. Why? Because even if mere saying it already hurts.

"I understand. I just hope that you two won't end up worse. But as for now, you have to rest already okay? Go to bed and I'll go down home" she informed her.

"Can you stay for a while? I might not be able to sleep easily" she pleaded.

"Ow, okay" just after the younger girl confirmed, she was being dragged to her unnie's room.

She purposely didn't shut the door close while inwardly laughing. If her skills didn't fail her, then she detected it right that someone is listening to their conversation at the living room.

Genie

"So, my job is to help you sleep?" I asked standing beside Chaeyoung's bed while the latter went straight to lay down.

"Yes, what are you doing there? Come here" she patted the space beside her.

I was hesitant. I wasn't use to entering other people's room much more to lay down on their bed. But atleast the owner is here right? I slowly joined her in the bed and sat resting my upper body on the headboard.

"So, what should I do to help you sleep? Tell you a story, sing you a song? Or Pat your hip like a child?" I asked seriously but Chaeng laughed. She scooted closer to me and made herself comfortable.

"Do all that you mentioned" she replied and she closed her eyes. I was left speechless. Hey the resources I have never told me that this idol also knows how to act like a child, look like a baby she do, but not be one.

"I am waiting" she murmured making me look down at her.

"Ai!" I bit my lip to stop the scream and control myself not to jump out of bed. What the hell. I was looking elsewhere and didn't notice that Chaeyoung is also facing towards me. Good thing she isn't touching me as well or she'll feel my tensed muscles.

She looked up at me when I almost screamed with a questioning glance. "Why?" she asked unsure.

"Ah, nothing unnie, ummm, I don't have a story prepared" I tried an excuse.

"Then sing me a song" she replied.

"I don't memorize lullabyes unnie, I only listened to them" I lied.

"Hmm, then just pat me" she sounds as if she's challenging me.

I tensed again. I'm not a touchy person and I wouldn't even let anyone hug me unless they are really close to me like my family and the younger girls who had been with me for four years now. As well, I don't just touch people unless I have to. And if I do, just the normal gestures like handshakes and pat on the shoulder.