Chapter 19 We Are Jealous

Genie

"Believe me or not, I already forgave you after you hugged me and cried at my room yesterday afternoon. At least my heart did. And my mind forgave you after watching how you prepared my lunch with great effort last night" I smiled at her, a genuine smile.

"Watched me?" she asked and I nodded.

"Yow dramatists, time to eat!" Blythe called us from the kitchen door.

"Let's go unnie, before they devour all the food" I smiled and pulled away from her hug, walking ahead.

"Why are your eyes red unnie? Is Genie still a stone hearted bitch?" Jeed asked earning a smack from me.

"Who are you calling stone hearted after you directly told me I'm selfish and unbearable last night?" I fought back.

"Aren't you?" she returned the question and I laughed nodding.

"Yeah I am, so I'm hoping you guys will have more patience for me because that's who I am and I can't change it that quick. But I promise I'll try" I answered sincerely.

"Yeah, I should ask your parents why they gave you such a name when you have the exact opposite attitude" Blythe teased me and I laughed again. My name has been a good source of jokes ever since I'm in high school.

"Opposite what? What's your real name Genie?" Chaeyoung asked making the duo laugh so hard. I just smiled at her.

"Now you realize you are living with a stranger Park Chaeyoung" Jeed addressed her.

"Truth, so, what's your real name?" she repeated asking me.

"She won't tell you easily unnie, try harder, maybe another tray of meal will do?" Blythe suggested.

"Speaking of that, Genie told me she watched me preparing it, how come?" she asked and I grinned at Blythe.

"You broke one rule Genie, you'll not get away with your punishment" she glared at me before turning back to unnie. I just shrugged.

"What punishment are you talking about? Girls please, I feel like I'm in the dark here" Chaeng pleaded.

"Ah unnie, while you're preparing Genie's meal, I filmed you and showed it to her yesterday, please don't be mad at me. We're just trying to help okay" she explained defensively.

Our leader shook her head and smiled. Oh, I thought she'll get mad for being filmed without permission.

"It's okay, just please don't let it appear on social media" she dismissed Blythe's fear.

"That means I'm excused from punishment right?" I asked the duo and Chaeyoung got confused again.

"No Genie, of course not" Blythe replied seriously so I know I just have to prepare for whatever punishment they're thinking right now. I sighed and pleaded more but was ignored.

After eating our late breakfast, I excused myself to go and continue sleeping as I am really drowsy for lack of sleep last night. It was past lunch time when I was awoken by Jeed telling me to come and eat with them.

"There's no tray of food especially for me?" I asked teasing the trio.

"None, you don't deserve one after being a rule-breaker" Blythe glared at me and I shrugged my shoulders before I looked at Chaeyoung unnie. She is smiling but isn't looking at me. Why is that?

"Awww, so you don't want to know my real name unnie?" I asked her.

"I can just ask these duo, I can't afford to burn my fingers again" she replied teasing. That's right, I remembered the duo telling me she did encounter an accident while cooking. I just nodded but with some plan in mind.