10. Dark Angel

You wake up, head lying on something firm and especially warm. Soft snoring reaches your ears, and you subconsciously snuggle into the mysterious object more. A hand hugs your naked form from the back, pulling you even closer, and you feel goosebumps spread all over your skin. The weather wasn't cold, on the contrary, it was too warm for your liking. And the sheets you were covered in, up till your chest, did nothing to cool you down.

You open one eye, peeking around the place. Huge room, so much extra space, that a shop could be opened here. Old wooden furniture, shelves full of books, big mirror near the wardrobe and extra neat and tidy desk near the bed. Clothes scattered near the bed and some of them still on the covers. You notice your panties and blush. Oh, what a night.

Stephen stirs near you, and you finally get off him, creating some space for him to stretch. However, the same hand that was just holding you, pulls you back to his chest. He bends down his head a bit and places a soft kiss on your forehead.

"How long have you been awake?" he asks, voice groggy from all the sleep, but so, so sexy at the same time. You shoo the dirty thoughts away and look up at him. The man you could spend two eternities with.

"Like 2 minutes." you say, your voice hoarse too.

"Oh, thank God, didn't hear me snoring" he laughs.

"Actually, I did. It was terrible. Like listening to a tractor." you tease, hiding your face in his chest, so that he wouldn't see your cheeky grin.

"Oh, really? Well, you're no better than me, snoring like two tractors."

"Shut up" you laugh. Moments later, you sit up and get out of bed, putting on Stephen's bathrobe.

"Already running away?" he smirks, watching how his bathrobe hugs your form.

"Yeah, I have someone else waiting for me."

"Send my regards to that poor man." he says, sitting up in the bed.

"Who said that it's a man?" you pretend to be annoyed and huff, reaching the bathroom door.

"Okay, okay, don't make them wait" he puts up his hands in defeat.

Freshened up a bit, you return to the main room, still wrapped up in Stephen's bathrobe like a burrito.

"How was your secret date?" he asks, computer in his hands already. As always, he's reading the news.

"Eh, could've been better." you fake sigh, returning to the bed and kissing his cheek. "You, mister, need to shave. It's prickly already."

"Hey, I shaved yesterday" a hurt look on his face, he turns to look at you.

"Yeah, and you ALREADY need to shave again."

"Fine, fine, whatever you say, honey."

You lay back on his chest, looking up at the computer screen. "Any good news?"

"There's a party at Stark's. Tony and Pepper are celebrating their anniversary, I think." he answers, slowly soothing your hair.

"You're going?" you ask, already knowing the answer. Sorcerer Supreme always had to make an appearance in big events.

"We're going." he says calmly, but the simple sentence makes you sit up and look at him in shock.

"We?"

"Yes. What? You don't want to go?"

"We. As in us together? As coworkers?"

"We - as in pair. You're my right hand, y/n. It's important for you to come with me."