30. Mistress of the Mystic Arts

Returning to your room you settle near the window pane, leaning on it, America sitting at the end of your bed and Stephen resting near the table, fingers tapping on the orange folder. You know that he's already looked inside of it.

After a moment of simple chatting, you turn to America and say, "I think I could provide you some help with your multiversal travel to find your moms."

"Really?" Chavez almost jumps from the bed.

"Well, I'm not too sure, but I looked at some of Reed's research he did with Stephen and I think I could find some notes Christine did on naming the universes so... So basically, we can cross out the universes you've already been to, now that you wield your powers better, you can not come back to those universes that you've already been to. And if we find notes about the universes with names, we can know where else to go. I mean you. You'll know where to go."

"That's... A good idea, actually. But how will she tell us that she's already been to that universe and didn't find her parents? Or is she coming back here every time?" Stephen asks, rubbing his chin in thought.

"Well... I could push Stark into creating some sort of multiversal phone or whatever. So that we three could communicate without the need to go to each other's universe and thus multiplying chances of incursion."

"Stark? What you're gonna tell him?" Strange asks, fingers immediately stop tapping on the folder.

"He uh... He already knows something about... Nevermind. But if I agree to be a part of his stupid club, then I'm sure as hell gonna use its services."

"Isn't it dangerous?" America asks frowning. Stephen refrains from a question.

"What? Being a part of a superhero club? Or trusting people you wouldn't actually trust?" you smile sadly.

"Yeah. Sort of both...?"

"Life's full of dangers, ain't it?" you laugh. Stephen smiles into his palm, America looks a bit lost but just carries on.
"Oh, the tea! I knew I forgot something." you shoot up from your spot and run towards kitchen.

"What's with the face?" Stephen asks looking at America.

"What's with yours?" she asks back, raising her eyebrows knowingly.

"Mine?" he asks offended slightly.

"Yeah, I'm sure that if I look closely I might see the little hearts spinning in your eyes when you look at y/n."

"Don't be ridiculous." Stephen turns his head to the window not wanting to meet America's eyes.

"I'm not, I know you like her. Probably since the moment she helped us escape." smug smile on her face, America is reading Strange like an open book.

Stephen looks at the door checking if you're not coming back, "okay, okay, I like her. But we both know it's not going to work. I'm not even supposed to be here." he sighs and rakes his hair, a bit frustrated.

America falls silent, not sure what to say when whole dialogue took another turn. Thankfully your light steps saved them both from drowning in awkwardness any longer.

"Made some mint tea, the leaves collected and dried by me." you put the tray with cups and point thumbs to yourself.

"Mm, smells nice." Stephen says and shares a look with America who tries to hide her smirk.

"So. What's our plan?" you ask and take sip of the tea, standing by the window again.

"About...?"

"You and your travels."