Vision One

February 17

Consumed with the urge to just give up on all of it, Shawn put the puzzle piece down on the table. "Daddy, that's wrong." Alexis spoke up. He put his hand over her face and pushed her back. "I'm telling!" She yelled. Shawn removed his hand and smiled at her.

"Sweetie, do you love daddy?" Alexis folded her arms across her chest and pouted.

"Not no more." She responded.

To refrain himself from laughing at her choice of grammar and hurting her feelings even more, Shawn took her by the hand and pulled her close. "Daddy is very sorry. Do you forgive him?"

"Yes sir." She said hugging him. He laughed and lifted her onto her lap. "When is mommy coming back?"

"Soon, hopefully." She turned and looked at his tired face.

"Daddy, can we go to bed now?" He smiled and slowly nodded his head.

"Sure, let's go." Shawn took his daughter upstairs into her room and placed her down on her bed. "When you wake up, mommy will be home." He said as she climbed under the covers.

"Can we have pizza?"

"You're more excited about having pizza than your own mother coming back home?"

"No." She said with a giggle. "I love them both the same."

Shawn shook his head at his young daughter and tucked her in. "We can have whatever you want." He leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Goodnight sweetie."

"Goodnight daddy. I love you." She said wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I love you too." Shawn slowly placed her back against her pillow and walked out of the room, but not before he made sure the door was slightly cracked open for the hallway light to enter.

-------

"Baby, baby wake up." Shawn slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes, the vision in front of him taking his breath away. "Hey, I just got in." Beyonce stated.

Without saying a single word, he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her down on top of him. "Damn girl, two months is way too long." He said holding her tightly.

"I know, but that's the last time it will happen for a long time." She said giving him a kiss. He smiled as she stood up. "Let me change and we can talk some more." She walked away into her closet as Shawn stood up kicked the covers back. He knew better than to leave Alexis in her room when her mother arrived. Not only would Alexis not speak to him for a good ten minutes, Beyonce wouldn't speak to him for a good fifteen.

He quietly walked down the hall and into her room, making sure to make as less noise as possible. She had episodes of waking up screaming at the top of her lungs if she felt someone was in there while she was sleeping. "Lexi, your mom is here." He whispered as he leaned down.

Her eyes fluttered open as she smiled. "Really?" She asked in a rasp voice. He nodded as she reached out for him to pick her up. He walked back to the master bedroom after grabbing her pillow and blanket. "Mommy!" Alexis jumped out of her father's arms and ran towards her mother. "You're home!" She yelled as Beyonce lifted her into the air.

"Yes I am!" Beyonce stated. Shawn smiled and crawled back into bed. He placed Alexis's pillow in the middle and put her covers on his side. "Were you good for daddy?" Beyonce asked.

"Yes." Alexis responded. Beyonce kissed her cheek and placed her on the floor. "Mommy, I'm sleepy." She said with a yawn.

"Go ahead and get in bed." Beyonce said patting Alexis on the butt. "And don't mess with your daddy!" Beyonce warned when she saw Shawn already back in a deep sleep.

With a slight giggle, Alexis got under the covers and placed her head down on the pillow. "I won't." She responded. Beyonce got into bed next to her and looked over at Shawn.

"I don't think daddy is a big fan of your sheets." Beyonce whispered. Alexis turned her head slightly to see only half of Shawn's body covered with her Strawberry Shortcake covers.

She looked back at Beyonce and smiled. "He looks cute."

"Yeah, he does." Beyonce responded. She pulled Alexis fully into her body and kissed the top of her head. "Goodnight sweetie, mommy loves you."

"Nite mommy, I love you too." Here it was - the end of a two month movie shoot and she was back in the same position she was in before she left --- in bed, with her daughter and husband, already knowing this was going to take place.