Vision Twenty

April 20

"They want us to perform, together?" Beyonce asked in disgust. She was lying in bed all day due to the pregnancy catching up with her. She was finally beginning to throw up and become dizzy.

"Well jeez; don't hurt yourself with that much excitement." Shawn said rolling his eyes. She placed her hand on her forehead and took a deep breath in. "If you don't want to, you don't have to. I can do it alone."

"No, I want it. I just don't know if I'll be okay for it." She said trying to make him feel better. He nodded and walked away into the closet. "Alexis! Come here sweetie." Beyonce yelled. Alexis came walking into the room with a smile on her face.

"I'm packed." She said with pride.

"Packed for what?"

"Daddy said we're going on the plane." She said climbing into bed. Shawn came out of the closet with a bundle full of jeans and shirts. "See."

"Who is we? And where and when?" Beyonce asked. Shawn placed his clothes into his own suitcase and looked up at her.

"We're going to L.A. for the awards, and we is either me and Alexis or all three of us. It's up to you." He said with no expression. Alexis sensed something was wrong with her parents' behavior, so she left the room without making a sound.

"Why are you acting like you're mad at me? I haven't done anything." Beyonce said sitting up.

"Nobody is mad. Drop this shit and let me be. Damn." He said walking back into the closet. Beyonce rolled her eyes and went after him. She knew it was bound to be a long day if they were already fighting.

"How long are we going to be there for?" She asked looking through her clothes.

"A week." She just nodded and began to pack her clothes. There was no point in continuing the argument at this moment because they both knew it would continue on throughout the day. Their arguments always lasted a whole day in little spurts. "I'll be downstairs with Alexis in the car." He said walking out.

As Beyonce packed, she began to think of the performance they were set to do. After all these years, her and Shawn would be on stage together for the first time in a long time. No one knew how this would work, but they had faith in it. She finished packing and went outside with her suitcase. The driver put it in the trunk and Beyonce got into the limo.

"Mommy, do I have to wear a dress?" Alexis asked as she sat next to Beyonce, fumbling with her seatbelt.

"Yes. And I don't want to hear you complaining about it either." Beyonce warned. Alexis nodded and closed her eyes. Car rides never allowed her to stay awake. Since the first time they took her home from the hospital, she's been falling asleep in the car no matter where they are headed to. "What song are we doing?" Beyonce asked looking at Shawn.

"Bonnie and Clyde." He said with a smile. Beyonce laughed and threw her head back. She knew why that song was chosen. People missed seeing the power couple on the same stage. But the truth was they also missed being on stage together.

---

"Ladies and gentlemen, five minutes before our very special opening performance." The announcement rang throughout the auditorium. Meanwhile, backstage, chaos was erupting.

"Who the hell ripped it?" Beyonce yelled as her team tried their hardest to hide the huge rip in her dress.

"We don't know." One of her assistant said. Beyonce just shook her head and watched as everyone slowly began to panic even more. "What if we cut the bottom off?"

"Hell no. Don't bring those damn scissors anywhere near this dress." Beyonce screamed. "Just let me figure it out. Someone call Shawn in here."

As someone ran to get Shawn, Beyonce looked at herself in the mirror and tilted her head to the side. What could save her now? Finally Shawn walked in completely dressed and ready. "What's taking so long?" He asked.

"They ripped my dress baby." He looked where everyone's attention was focused and shook his head. "I thought you were wearing your button up." She said looking at his t-shirt.

"It just didn't work well."

"Oh." They both locked eyes and smiled. "Bring it in here." She said laughing. He walked back into his own dressing room and returned with his white button up, freshly ironed. Beyonce carefully took her dress off and put on the button up. "Can I get some little shorts?" She asked looking around.

"Little shorts? Nah you better put on some pants or something." Shawn said eyeing her up and down. She laughed and quickly put on her booty shorts.

"Shut up and let's go." She said grabbing his hand. They walked outside together before being separated by each of their teams. Beyonce was whisked away to the left side of the stage and Shawn was whisked away to the right.

"And now, back for a one night special performance, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Jay-Z and Beyonce!" The announcer said. The crowd began to cheer as the two took the stage and began their performance.

You ready B? Let's go get 'em..

Just like always, they kept their performance as simple as possible. It was about the people on stage, not the props.

Look for me! Young, B
Cruisin down the Westside - high, way
Doing what we like to do - our, way
Eyes behind shades, this necklace the reason
all of my dates been blind dates
But today, I got my thoroughest girl wit me
I'm mashin the gas, she's grabbin the wheel, it's trippy how hard
She rides with me - the new Bobby and Whitney
Only time we don't speak is during "Sex and the City"
She gets Carrie fever, but soon as the show is over
She's right back to being my soldier
Cuz mami's a rider, and I'm a roller
Put us together, how they gon' stop both us?
What ever she lacks, I'm right over her shoulder
When I'm off track mami is keepin me focused
So let's, lock this down like it's supposed to be
The '03 Bonnie and Clyde, Hov' and B

Throughout his verse, Beyonce kept her body close to his. She knew that with their fight earlier, she was free to do whatever she wanted and he wouldn't be able to avoid her. After every fight he wanted to be left alone, but she enjoyed messing with him, and now was the perfect time. When it was finally time for Beyonce to do her verse, Shawn took it upon himself to pay her back.

If I was your girlfriend
I'll be there for you, if somebody hurts you
Even if that somebody's me
Yeah-hee

Sometimes I trip on how happy we could be
And so I put this on my life
Nobody or nothing will ever come between us
And I promise I'll give my life
my love and my trust if you was my boyfriend
Put this on my life
The air that I breathe in, all that I believe in
I promise I'll give my life
my love and my trust if you was my boyfriend

He stood behind her and began to grind, hard. She tried her best to keep her composure, but once he placed his arm around her waist and drew her even closer to his body, she was gone. The microphone was now to her side and they stood there letting the music come to an end.

"I'm gonna kill you." She said breathlessly. He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I'm ready." He said releasing her. The audience began to stand and applaud as the lights faded out on the stage and left Beyonce and Shawn in complete darkness. The curtain finally closed and she wasted no time in hitting him. "What's that for?" He asked laughing and hugging her.

"You had me up here ready to scream out for you to just take me." She said with embarrassment. He shook his head as they made their way backstage, once again being taken into opposite directions. "Come to my room when you're done." She yelled.

They were finally back on stage together. Now what were people going to think of to get them to make an appearance again?