Vision Twelve

March 21

"So what are you guys gonna do about it?" Roy asked as the adults settled down by the fireplace. Alexis was sleeping in the bedroom, and although she seems to be coping well with the strange feelings she's having, there was something off about her character.

"We have to try and explain it to her somehow, just try to let her see that there isn't anything wrong with the stuff she's experiencing." Beyonce said as she leaned against Shawn's chest. This was supposed to be a vacation for everyone, but the sudden discovery of their daughter's dreams has led everyone to do more worrying than ever before. "What else can we do?"

"Well we can't ignore it, that's for sure." Shawn said looking at the fire. "Maybe we should start by telling her how we met, let her see that she's not alone in this."

"And have her blame us for the rest of her life?" Beyonce asked with a slight attitude. "I don't want that to happen."

"She's not gonna blame you, there isn't anyone to blame here." Kelly said trying to calm the situation down. She could sense Beyonce was becoming defensive, and there was no reason to get anything started at a moment like this.

"This isn't some disease we knew about and passed it down to our child, this is just something that happened." Shawn said trying to reassure her.

"What if it is a disease, huh?" Beyonce asked sitting straight. "I mean we knew about these dreams before she came into the picture, we knew how hard it was to deal with them." She half yelled.

"Beyonce don't talk like that." Roy stated, trying his best to calm the situation.

"Talk like what? Like I know my daughter is sick because of me?" Immediately the tears began to well up in Beyonce's eyes, she never wanted this to happen. It was her biggest fear coming to life. "If she had another mother and father, she would be fine! She didn't ask to be stuck with us!"

"But if she had a choice, she wouldn't pick anyone else to be raised by." Shawn said remaining calm.

"Yes she would!" Beyonce screamed. "She would pick a mother who wouldn't allow her to go through all this! She would pick a mother who would be able to let her live a normal life!"

"Then she would also pick a mother that wouldn't love her as much as you do. No one can beat your love for that girl, no one!" Kelly said.

"Well if I love her so much, then why did I decide to let her deal with this? Huh Kelly, why?"

"No one knew this would happen!"

"Yes they did! I knew! Two months after I became pregnant, I knew!" Beyonce screamed with tears running down her face. She quickly stood up and ran outside, not caring that the weather was beyond freezing.

"Beyonce! Stop!" Shawn yelled going after her. He couldn't believe what he heard, but this was not a time to question Beyonce, this was a time to console her.

"I don't want her to deal with this Shawn; I can't let her go through it."

"Will you just stop and talk to me?" He yelled out of breath. She slowed her pace down and just fell to her knees in the middle of the street. Shawn quickly dropped down next to her and closed his arms around her body. "You gotta stop playing the blame game; this is just something that happened."

"Something that could have been prevented if I got an abortion." She said wiping her eyes.

"Don't say that shit, don't get me mad like that."

"It's the truth though! I had a chance, I had a chance to save her this troubled life and just let her be with God."

"That would have been your biggest regret ever." He said placing his hands on top of hers. "She's going to get through this, she's a little baby thug in the making, don't say she's not strong enough to get through this little bump in the road."

"Little bump? She has to deal with this for the rest of her life, my child! And I knew it would happen, I knew about it Shawn!"

"Apparently you also knew it was worth it because you had her! You had that beautiful little girl and now every time she looks at you, you can see that the decision you made was the right one."

There weren't anymore words said, they sat there until Beyonce regained her composure and then Shawn carried her back into the house. By the time he reached the bedroom, she was already sleeping. He placed her in bed next to Alexis and looked on as his daughter quickly got acquainted with her mother's scent, snuggling her body close to her. Beyonce draped her arm over Alexis and the two lay still, not letting anything interfere with their time together.

---

"Mommy, more juice please!" Alexis said from the couch. She was under two blankets and had her Pooh Bear earmuffs on to make sure she stayed warm enough for this weather.

Beyonce walked over to the couch and handed her the sippy cup. "Don't chug this one down like last time, I'm not getting you anymore after this." She said taking a seat next to her.

"When can I go outside?" Alexis asked as she turned her head to the window. The snow was fresh from last night, and she was dying to jump around in it. She always loved nature.

"When daddy comes back from the store." Beyonce replied placing Alexis in her lap. She ran her fingers through her daughters light curls and kissed the side of her face. "I love you." She said kissing her again.

"I love you too mommy." Alexis said with a smile, placing her head against Beyonce's chest. She loved the feeling of being in her mother's arms; it was always the safest place to be when she was scared. Somehow it made all her fears disappear. She looked up at her mother's face; Beyonce was staring back down at her with a warm smile. "Grandma is gonna call soon."

"I know sweetie." Beyonce said giving her a slight wink. Alexis nodded and brought her face down again. "So I guess you're gonna be magic now, like your daddy."

"Huh?"

"You won't understand it right now because you're too young, but you are old enough to understand that you're much different from the other kids your age."

"I know, it's because of you and daddy. You're on TV." Alexis said with a proud smile. She never was the type of kid that got embarrassed or confused when seeing her parents on the screen; she enjoyed it more than they did.

"It's not because we're on TV, it's because we know what's going to happen before it actually does." Alexis just watched the words leave her mother's mouth, she didn't understand what she meant by them. "Just like you saw this place before, and just like you knew Grandma was going to call."

"Oh." She said somewhat comprehending Beyonce's explanation. "So I'm magic like daddy is?"

"Yeah, just like him." Alexis just smiled and nodded. Another thing that made her and her father closer, she could never go wrong with that. She liked to be called mini me by both her parents, it meant they paid attention to her and liked what she was doing. Everyone has dreams of being like one of their parents.

Alexis Carter shares her dreams with her parents. She definitely wasn't like the rest of the kids her age.