Vision Thirteen

March 23

The adults stood around the snowman making sure none of the huge snowballs they used for his body tipped over. This was the first time Alexis was allowed to join in on the creative process, so they knew it was unstable.

"Can we take him home?" She asked with her eyes full of hope. Beyonce laughed and picked her daughter up.

"No sweetie, we can't." She watched her daughter's dreams being crushed as she said those words. But there was no way it could happen. "How about we buy one that won't melt, and we take that one home?" Alexis shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay." The sadness dripped from her voice.

"Alright little Ms.Carter, get over here." Shawn said taking his daughter out of Beyonce's arms. "Let me show you something." He walked away with her and Roy followed, leaving Kelly and Beyonce alone.

"You think they'll be back soon?" Kelly asked as she watched the men walk down the street. Beyonce just smiled.

"Of course, Alexis is going to start whinning kuz I'm not there. Trust me." They walked into the cabin and Kelly started the fire. There was so much peace around them, they took a seat on the couch and just enjoyed it. "After everything we have gone through, here we are." Beyonce whispered with her head leaning on Kelly's shoulder.

"And you owe me for this. If I wasn't there, Shawn would not be here. Neither would Alexis!"

"I know, and I thank you every morning when I wake up and see their faces in the bed lying next to me." Kelly smiled and hugged her sister. She knew Beyonce was lying, but it was still an emotional statement. "I'm really worried about this new baby."

"Why?" Kelly asked with wide eyes. "Did you get lucky and realize it's not Shawn's?" Beyonce smacked her as they both laughed.

"No! I wouldn't even want a child that's not Shawn's!" Kelly just rolled her eyes. "But really though, I'm worried."

"Girl if you got faith in God then everything is gonna be alright. You know that, right?"

"Yeah."

"Alright then, so don't even trip. I got you girl! We are going to raise a little soldier." Beyonce laughed at Kelly's statement.

She couldn't help but to think that if Kelly was right, they were going to have a Shawn Corey Carter Jr. aka a soldier.

---

"I love you baby." Shawn said as he placed his arm around Beyonce and pulled her closer to his body. They were outside sitting on the patio as the snow fell lightly in front of them. Alexis was wrapped up in a blanket and sitting on her mother's lap.

"I love you too." She replied with a sincere look in her eyes. "Lexi baby are you cold?"

"No, I'm fine mommy." She replied while keeping her eyes on her book. They figured that was the only thing that could keep her occupied other than the snow. She loved looking at pictures and words, being amazed that the letters can come together to form a word. "Look a puppy!" She said pointing in excitement.

"Aw, look at it Shawn, it's so cute." Beyonce replied resting her chin on top of her daughter's chin.

"I don't want it." Alexis said quickly.

"What?" Shawn asked in confusion. Alexis closed the book and shook her head.

"I don't want it." She said closing her eyes. "Don't fight, I don't want it."

Beyonce looked over at Shawn. They were both in the same state of confusion. The only person that knew what was going on was their three year old daughter, and she couldn't explain it to them even she tried.

"Alright sweetie, we won't fight." Shawn said as he rubbed her back. She clung onto Beyonce and placed the blanket over her exposed arms.

"Goodnight." Beyonce whispered placing a kiss on her cheek. They could see her facial expression soften once she felt her mother's touch and security. "She's becoming more and more like you everyday. As soon as she feels my presence, she becomes relaxed." Beyonce said with a smile.

"Well that's kuz we both know you keep us away from danger." He replied. "You keep me away from silly hoes, and you keep her away from all kinds of harm."

"Yeah well, you're both my babies, I gotta look out for you."

"And we appreciate it." He said leaning over and giving her a kiss. She felt Alexis cling onto her arms, so she knew she wasn't fully asleep yet.

"Shawn." Beyonce tried her best to move her head out of the way, but he was persistent. "Shawn you gotta stop." She said keeping her mouth shut tight. He pulled away and looked confused. "She's not asleep yet, she can feel us doing something."

"Well I want to feel myself doing something, if you catch my drift." He said licking his lips. Composure, that's what Beyonce needed, but she didn't have. It took one lick of the lips to have her open. "I see you do catch it." He replied back with a cocky smile.

"We're going inside, goodnight." Beyonce stood up and carried Alexis inside. Kelly and Roy looked up from their game of Scrabble and shook their heads.

"Shame, he got her open." Kelly said taking her attention back to the board. Beyonce looked at her with a shocked expression. "Leave Alexis in our room, we'll watch her for tonight." Kelly said without looking back at her. Roy just smiled and went back to the game as well.

"I'm a horrible mother." Beyonce whispered as she laid Alexis down on Kelly and Roy's bed. She closed the room door and walked into the room where she and Shawn would be sleeping in, or at least sharing the same bed in. Sleep was not guaranteed.

Neither was privacy.