Vision Nine

March 8

Beyonce sat in bed for most of the day, she was under strict orders from Shawn to save up all the energy she had. Although he knew they were going to conceive their next child no matter what, he still wanted them to be in perfect shape when the time came.

"Just like a damn guy." Beyonce replied filing her nails. She had everything she could ever need spread out across the bed. On the right side she had magazines of all sorts, on the left side she had bottles of juice and water, and in front of her she had the remote that controlled pretty much everything around.

Shawn cautiously approached the room, even though she wasn't pregnant yet, she sure as hell was acting like it. He poked his head in and saw her staring down at her hand. "Perfect timing." He walked inside and her gaze immediately shifted to him.

"What do YOU want?"

"Well, turns out there wasn't much to do at the office, so here I am." He said walking up to her. He bent down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Those damn forehead kisses was the one thing she hated.

"My lips are down here." She said rolling her eyes. He laughed at her sudden attitude. He knew she hated it, but he liked getting her mad. "Acting like a damn father kissing his child. You've gotten past second base with me, loser, the least you could do is kiss me like I mean something to you."

"Maybe you don't." He stated before walking out of the room. She gasped at his remark and before she could even think of getting up from the bed, Alexis came walking in with a smile on her face.

"Hi mommy." She said running over to the bed. She lifted herself up the best that she could, but of course Beyonce had to help get her up all the way. "You look pretty." She said sitting in front of her mother. Beyonce raised her eyebrow at her daughter.

"Why?"

"Kuz you're always pretty." She said raising her eyebrow as well. Damn her for getting that trait, Beyonce thought. It doesn't work the way it works on Shawn or anybody else that she comes in contact with. "And I love you." Alexis said scooting over to sit in her lap.

"Did your daddy send you in here?" Beyonce questioned looking down at her. Alexis shrugged her shoulders and grabbed a bottle of juice.

"Maybe." Something she was taught from a young age, no snitching. The only exception she made was when she knew she HAD to tell, and that rarely happened. "Got cookies?" She asked looking up at Beyonce.

"Not for you."

"Bye mommy." She scooted off the bed and walked out into the hallway where Shawn was standing. He looked down at her and smiled. "She's being mean." Alexis said placing her hands on her hips.

Shawn laughed and lifted her into his arms. "That's kuz she knows she's about to be fat again." He said walking down the hall with her. "And we're not gonna like her for a long time!"

Not liking her own mother? That never happened before. Sure there were times when Alexis was angry and didn't want to acknowledge her mother, but she would never think of not liking her. How can you not like someone you love?

"You're silly daddy." That's all she could say through her confusion. Was he right? Was she going to hate the one woman she looked up to more than anyone else? It's always a possibility.

---

"This will teach him to try and trap me in here." Beyonce mumbled to herself. Without the knowledge of Shawn, she moved from the bed into their closet. She went for his boxes of shoes and grabbed as many as she could. "Bombs away!" She said opening the bedroom window. One by the one the boxes went flying out.

"What the hell are you doing?" Shawn yelled running in once he saw that it was raining shoes from downstairs. She laughed and continued throwing them out.

"Cleaning out the closet." She replied, reaching for the last box. He looked at it and put his hands up to stop her.

"Please, you know I love those shoes." She took one out of the box and held it over the ledge.

"What are you gonna give me if I don't throw it?" She asked with her eyebrow raised. Shawn reached into his back pocket and pulled out her favorite piece of jewelry. Her eyes immediately grew large.

He laughed and walked over to the window as well. "Yeah, two can play this game."

Alexis stood at the door, watching her parents closely. Were they always this crazy? Yes. She didn't understand why they were throwing stuff out, but her mom did say something about cleaning, so she took that as the reason. She walked over to their bed side and grabbed the trashcan, making sure not to fall over; she walked to the window and threw it out as well.

"What the hell?" Beyonce said as her and Shawn looked down at their daughter.

"I helped."

Yeah, she did help, she solved their issue. They both gave back the items they took from each other and Shawn picked Alexis up. "Come on; let's go pick all that up." He said walking to the door. Before they walked out completely, he turned and saw Beyonce sitting on the bed, putting her wedding ring back on. "Maybe next time you won't take it off." She just nodded as he left. Maybe next time he'll think twice about trying to impregnate her.