Vision Twenty-Five

May 12

"Alright now it's my duty to take care of you two tomorrow, so what do you want to do?" Roy asked as he sat on the couch between Beyonce and Kelly.

"I want to spend it with my husband and daughter." Beyonce said flipping through her magazine. "But since that's not possible, I guess I can just stay here and be catered to." She said looking at Roy with a smile on her face.

"Then it's settled, we're staying here and Roy is gonna be our personal slave." Kelly said flipping through her own magazine.

"Does Roy have a say in this?" Roy asked.

"Nope." Both women answered with a laugh. He shook his head and stood up.

"Well I got one more day to not give a damn about you two, and I'm not about to waste it. Goodbye." He said walking off. Kelly threw her magazine on the table and looked over at Beyonce.

"You going to the hospital today?"

"Tonight, I'm gonna let Alexis fall asleep and then go."

"You're not taking her with you?"

"Nah, it's becoming too hard for her to leave. I just need to go make sure everything is okay. I'm taking her tomorrow though; we might as well be with him, even if he doesn't want us there." Beyonce said shrugging her shoulders.

"Come on girl, you know he wants you there." Kelly said nudging her. "It's just hard for him to have any kind of reaction at this point. I know you don't think he's really giving you the cold shoulder." Beyonce looked to the side and wiped her tears. "You do!" Kelly yelled.

"What am I supposed to think? He's awake and alive, and yet he doesn't show any interest in having me there. Why keep trying?" Beyonce said in defense. Kelly shook her head and stood up.

"All I can tell you is that you're wrong, but I know I can't change your mind at this moment." She walked away and left Beyonce alone on the couch. Of course Shawn still had feelings for her, she wasn't questioning that. She just didn't know what type of feelings they were.

---

"How is Alexis?" Shawn asked as Beyonce took a seat in the chair next to his bed.

"As bad as you taught her to be."

"Me?" Shawn asked. Beyonce just nodded her head as he put on a smirk. "Well, she's my baby. It don't matter if she's bad, she has every right to be."

"You're not going to be saying that when she becomes a teenager and we have to put up with all her mistakes." Beyonce said raising her eyebrow. He just nodded and looked at the television on the wall. "So you almost ready to come home?"

"I got one more week left and then I'll be free." He responded. "You guys miss me?"

"Well I don't, but the neighbor's dog does." He cocked his eyebrow as she just laughed. "Why are you pouting?"

"Ain't nobody pouting." He said turning his head. She shrugged her shoulders and rested her head against the wall.

"You're still pouting." She mumbled.

"Enough about me, what about you?" She looked at him and he pointed to her stomach. "You know, with the whole baby thing and all."

"Oh, well I'm fine, I mean I feel fine. My next appointment isn't for another two weeks." He nodded as silence fell over the room. This is what Beyonce hated. Everything would be fine and it would feel like old times, until this silence crept in and made everything worst. "I'm gonna stop by tomorrow morning with Alexis."

"Why in the morning?"

"Well Roy has plans for us during the day." She said with a smile.

"What's so special about tomorrow?" Shawn asked. That's when it hit her, he forgot about Mother's Day. The one day that they would both make sure to always plan out completely was now just like any other day.

"Nothing, nothing at all." She said forcing a small smile. "I think I should go, Alexis might wake up and start trouble." She stood up and walked over to his bed. "Goodnight." Instead of a kiss, he received a simple stroke of her hand across his cheek and that was it. Beyonce left and he laid in bed confused.

What was so special about tomorrow? He began to make a checklist in his head. Not their anniversary, not his birthday, not her birthday, and not Alexis's birthday. What was he forgetting?