Vision Twenty-One

May 1

"Mommy, I want to go to sleep!" Alexis yelled as Beyonce walked around the studio bobbing her head to the beat. "Mommy!" Alexis yelled again. Just like before, there was no response. Alexis looked to the side and shook Beyonce's assistant.

"Yes?"

"I want to go home." She said laying her head down onto the couch. Beyonce's assistant stood up and went over to her. He gently tapped her on the shoulder and pointed to Alexis.

"Baby you tired?" Beyonce asked. Alexis nodded and closed her eyes. "Alright, we're leaving. Come on, you know I can't carry you as easily anymore." Alexis stood up and walked over to her mother. Beyonce took her by the hand and left the studio with Alexis struggling to walk. "I guess you really are tired, huh?"

"Yeah." Alexis said with a nod. The security team opened the back door and Beyonce helped Alexis go in first and then went in after her. "When is daddy coming home?"

"Not for another week."

"Oh." On the ride home, Alexis fell asleep while Beyonce stayed awake looking over some more song lyrics. She had a month left before she would have to really go back to work, for now she was just testing out ideas.

Once they arrived, Beyonce had her bodyguard carry Alexis into the master bedroom before he left them alone for the night. Shawn refused to let Beyonce carry Alexis around anymore because she was pregnant. And even though he wasn't there and she could break his rule, she wasn't willing to get caught by the paparazzi. "I'm getting fat." She said looking in the mirror as she changed into some comfortable clothes.

"It's the baby." Alexis said pulling the covers up to her chin. Beyonce laughed and got into bed with her.

"What do you know about that, huh?" She asked running her hand through Alexis's curls. She just giggled and moved her body into Beyonce's.

"Daddy said to tell you that it's the baby."

"Well that's because daddy learned from the first time I was pregnant." She said with a laugh. Before she had a chance to stop laughing, the phone began to ring. She looked at the clock and shook her head. "Right on time."

"Is it daddy?" Alexis said perking up. Beyonce nodded and reached over to pick it up. "I wanna talk to him."

"Okay. Here." She handed the phone over to Alexis and kept her ear close by.

"Hi daddy!" Alexis yelled. "Uh huh. I miss you very much." A frown began to take over her face. Beyonce pushed the speaker button and continued to listen.

"Are you being good for mommy?" Alexis looked over at Beyonce who was nodding.

"She says yes."

"Oh, she can hear me?" Shawn asked.

"You're on speaker." Beyonce responded. She heard him sigh.

"I miss you guys, I miss being able to enjoy these late night talks with you two face to face."

"We miss you too daddy." Alexis responded. Beyonce just stayed quiet. "Daddy guess what!"

"What?" He asked with just as much excitement.

"Mommy took me to listen to songs! I did one too!"

"You did one? What does that mean?"

"It means you have to wait until the album comes out. Just like everyone else." Beyonce said with a laugh. She could hear him kissing his teeth. "Hey, I don't make the rules Mr. Carter, I just choose to follow them."

"Yeah well I got some rules of my own."

"Oh really, what kind of rules?"

"Ones that my daughter shouldn't hear." They both began to laugh as Alexis just kept the phone to ear, smiling uncontrollably. "What are you guys gonna do tomorrow?"