Vision Twenty-Eight

January 20

"Breathe Beyonce, just keep taking deep breaths." The doctor said. As soon as she arrived at the hospital they put her in a room and began to monitor the baby and her. Security had called Shawn and he eventually called all their friends and family, but no one had arrived at the hospital yet.

"I just want to know what's wrong." She said grabbing the side bars of the bed in pain. The nurse looked over at the doctor who rubbed his forehead.

"We're trying to figure it out." The machines were all working properly, and everything seemed to be fine, but yet it wasn't. The baby wasn't in any kind of distress, nor was it ready to come out. "Has the pain decreased?"

"No." She whined. Another nurse came in with a wet towel and applied it to Beyonce's forehead. She had been in the bed for an hour and the pain never decreased.

"What does it feel like?" The doctor asked.

"Like someone keeps kicking me in the stomach." She said taking a deep breath.

"Is it constant?"

"Yes."

"Alright, we're gonna have to give you something for the pain. There isn't anything else we could do at this moment." He said standing up. He took off his gloves and pulled a nurse over to the side.

"Yes doctor." The nurse said as he walked out. She walked over to Beyonce with a smile. "We're gonna have to get you some antibiotics that won't harm the baby and its health." She said pulling out a needle. Beyonce shut her eyes tightly. "Scared?" The nurse asked. Beyonce weakly nodded her head.

"Excuse me, the father is here." A nurse said peaking her head into the room. Beyonce immediately looked towards the door and Shawn came walking in with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked taking Beyonce by the hand.

"They don't know. Nobody knows." She said grabbing his hand tighter.

"Are you in labor?" He questioned.

"No. I'm not in anything, the baby seems fine on their machines and so do I, but I have this constant pain like someone keeps kicking me."

"Maybe it's just the baby kicking." He said with a smile.

"No it's not the damn baby just kicking!" She shot back. He looked at the nurses with a concerned look on his face.

"And you guys are saying she's not in labor? With an attitude like that, you're saying it's all fine?" They smirked as Beyonce just rolled her eyes. "For real though baby, we're gonna get through this. Everything is fine, just stay strong."

"I'll try." She whispered, on the verge of tears. Just then the nurse stuck the needle into her back as Beyonce groaned. "Shawn." She whined. He kissed her forehead and kept his lips there until the nurse pulled the needle back out.

"There, all done." He said pulling back. Beyonce smiled lightly and then began to breathe heavily. "What's wrong with her?" Shawn asked as the breaths became quicker.

"We're gonna need you to step away for now." One nurse said, pushing the call button for the doctor. Shawn stepped away from her bedside but kept his eyes on her. "She's beginning to shake." The nurse yelled.

"What happened?" The doctor asked coming into the room. A nurse quickly helped him put his gloves on.

"We gave her a shot and her body is rejecting it." A nurse yelled over the loud beeping of the machines. Shawn's eyes stayed glued to his wife. This never happened before, and he wasn't sure what to do. His son and his wife were in danger.