Two

Y/n's POV

First day back. And my first class is with Umbridge and the Gryffindors. This year is not gonna be fun. "Do we have to go?" I asked my friends. "Sadly yes," Maria said, pulling me down the corridor. "But the Gryffindors are gonna be there." "Y/n, we've had classes with them for years get over it," Harper said. I sighed as we entered the classroom. 

Maria went and sat with Adrian as Harper and I sat together. "I hope he doesn't hurt her," I told Harper. "If he does. He'll have you to deal with," She said. "Yeah, he will." "Quiet," Umbridge said walking into the classroom. 

I looked at Harper and rolled my eyes. Umbridge started to hand out books. I looked at and scoffed, 'Defense of the dark arts for beginners'. "This year you will be learning how to protect yourself from the so-called dark arts in a safe, risk-free way," She said stopping at the front of the class. Harper and I looked at each other. This woman has to be crazy. Fighting Voldemort won't be risk-free. 

The class went by very slowly. "So glad that's finally over with," Harper said as we walked towards charms with the Ravenclaws. "This year is gonna be so long," Maria said. "Agreed," I said, putting something away until someone bumped into me. "Watch it!" I yelled at them. "Sorry love," They said before they kept walking. "Was that a Weasley twin?" Harper asked. We all looked behind us and saw the two ginger boys walking away. "Yeah but which one?" Maria asked. 

I already had tons of homework when lunchtime hit. "I'm already done with this school year," I said as we sat down. "Well that might make your day better," Harper said as the owls came in. "Hopefully something from Padfoot," Maria said, spotting my owl. 

A/n: Yes I'm making it where you know about Sirius.

I grabbed the letter from Rylie and gave her a piece of bread. I looked at the writing and recognized it as Sirius. "It is from Padfoot," I told them. "Open it," Maria said. 

Dear Y/n, 

So glad to be able to talk to you again now that school is back in session. This summer was so long with everything that has been happening with Voldemort being back. Not able to tell Harry anything that was happening. Can you do something for me? Make sure Harry stays out of trouble. Also, I'll be in Hogsmead next week if you can come to try and see me. Or let me know when the first visit is and I'll come then instead. I love you cousin. 

Padfoot

Not only does Voldemort want me to watch Harry and send him feedback but Sirius also wants me to watch Harry. But Harry is two years younger than me. Might have to recruit Draco into keeping an eye on him during classes. 

"Hello my lovely brother," I said walking up to Draco. "What?" He asked. "Can you do something for me?" "What is it?" "Keep an eye on Harry Potter during classes with him," I whispered hoping no one will hear us. "Why?" He asked. "Assignment." Draco understood immediately and nodded his head. "Thank you." "Yup. Now leave me alone." Acting all tough around his friends. If only they knew the soft Draco that comes out every summer. 

After classes finished I headed to the common room to write a letter back to Sirius. 

Padfoot, 

Our first Hogsmeade trip is actually when you plan to come. I would love to see you. It's been too long. If Maria and Harper want to is it okay if they came with me? And I will watch over Harry for you and make sure he stays out of trouble this year. The school year just started and I'm ready for it to be over already with the new teacher we have and I'm just so over it. I've missed your letters. I love you too. 

Y/n 

I signed the letter before sealing it and then adding Padfoot Do I take this to the owlery and then do my homework? Or do I do my homework and then go to the owlery? That's not even a question owlery and then homework. 

Walking up to the owlery I heard voices. This is normal since a lot of people are sending letters to their parents. I walked in and headed over to Rylie. "You know where to take this," I told her. I gave her a treat before trying the letter on her leg. Turning around I saw two gingers enter the owlery. They both nodded at me before heading over to an owl. I gave them a look before walking out. 

I had half of my homework finished by dinner time. "I forgot that if I want to become a healer all the extra classes I had to take this year," I told my friends. "Should just become an Auror. You got the grade in potions last year," Harper said. "Not in DADA though," Maria said. "I know that." 

Once dinner was finished I went back to the common room to finish my homework. Maria is with Adrian probably shagging like they do all the time. Harper is off with her girlfriend. And I'm stuck here doing homework. Not like there's much I can do since I'm not dating anyone. Half the time I'm reading when they are both busy. 

Word Count: 906