Nine

Y/n's Pov

Fred's been avoiding me all week. He won't meet up like we always do. If he sees me in the corridor he will turn and go the other way. I have seen him talking to Angelina Johnson a few times. But they're in the same house, I shouldn't have to worry right?

In DADA I saw Fred and Angelina sitting at the same table talking. It looked more like flirting than talking to me. As if they could sense they were being watched both of them turned to look at me. I watched Fred whisper something in her ear. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from cracking.

Hate to admit it but I'm jealous. I'm jealous of someone that I shouldn't be jealous of. I'm way better than some blood traitor named Angelina Johnson. Come on I'm a Malfoy my name is even better. Also what kind of name is Angelina. It just sounds like a mix of lina and Angel.

After DADA I waited for everyone to leave before going up to Fred and Angelina. "Can we help you?" Angelina asked me. "You can't. Weasley I need to talk to you," I told Fred. "Fine. I'll see you at lunch Angelina," He said. She smiled at him before glaring at me and leaving the room.

Once we were alone I blew up on Fred. "Let me get this straight, you fuck me in a room full of people then start ignoring me. Then you start hanging around some bitch after we agreed we couldn't see anyone else. And don't try saying you two are just friends, I saw you flirting and the heart eyes she was giving you!" Fred stood there with a smirk on his face. "Wipe that stupid smirk off your face Frederick." "Seems to me you're jealous," He said, still smirking.

I crossed my arms and stared at him. I'm not admitting to him I'm jealous of her. He shouldn't know that this affects me so much. "If there is something happening between you two. Then whatever we are has to end," I told him. "Really? Just like that? You can turn off whatever you feel for me?" He asked. "Yeah I can. Because it's obvious you like being around her more than me." "Yeah, I do because I can actually be seen in public with her!"

Is that really why he's been avoiding me? Because I can't be seen with him? Does he not understand what could happen if we were found out? "Sorry I can't give you that!" I yelled at him. "You can't or you won't!" He yelled back. I can't tell Fred the truth. But I also can't lie to him. "Fred, I just can't." "Why?" "Because of my father," I lied to him.

Fred scoffed at my lie. "Your father really?" He asked. "Yes, my father." He shook his head as he chuckled a bit. "Fred, if you don't want this anymore please just tell me." "I don't know what I want. All I know is that I want someone I can show off to people." "Then it's not me that you should be with," I told him.

We were both quiet as we let it sink in. "So we just broke up then?" Fred asked. "Yeah," I answered. Once again we were both quiet. "Can I kiss you one last time?" I nodded my head. Fred stepped closer to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck. He leaned down as I leaned up our lips coming together for one final kiss.

Neither of us wanted to pull away from the other. Knowing that once we do this is it. No more meeting after curfew, no more kissing in the back of the library when we should be studying, and no more us. When I went to pull away Fred pulled me back in.

When we did pull away neither of us moved. "We should go, our friends are gonna be wondering where we are," I told him. Fred nodded his head releasing me from his grip. I grabbed my stuff and left the room and headed to the great hall.

I was watching the Gryffindor table all of lunch. I watched Angelina run her hands through Fred's hair. Fred would smile at her and act like we didn't just breakup. Like this has been happening behind my back for a while. I looked away from the two and looked down at my plate. Still full of food. "I have to use the bathroom, I'll see you two in class," I told Maria and Harper before getting up.

That night...

I walked into the Manor so ready to sleep in my room again. In my bed. And not do any school work. But I still have to deal with Voldemort. Which won't be too bad since he decided to just leave me alone to focus on my studies. That way I'm at my full pentional whenever he decides to act on Harry.

There was a knock on my door. "Come in," I said. I looked up from my book and saw my mother open the door. "Come downstairs," She said before leaving. I set the book down then left my room. Walking into the dinning room I saw my father, mother, Voldemort, my aunt Bellatrix, and a few other people. "Come with us child," Voldemort said.

I followed them to a different room in the house. It was dark in there and you couldn't see anything. Suddenly the room lit up and I saw a chair in the middle of the room. "Bring him out," Voldemort said. I watched as my father brought in a ginger haired boy. But not just any Fred Weasley.

I looked at my mother and aunt confused. "Do you know this boy?" My father asked. Fred looked up at me with wide eyes. His eyes dropped to my uncovered arm, showing the dark mark. "He's in my year, but I don't know him personally," I lied. "Don't lie to me!" Voldemort yelled. My father and Fred both flinched at the yelling.

I looked away from Fred to Voldemort. "I don't know him my lord," I lied again. "So you wouldn't care if I did this? Curcio," He said. Fred screamed in pain. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from yelling at him to stop. "Bellatrix, a little help."

My aunt smiled before holding out her wand also saying curcio. Fred kept screaming at the pain that was being caused by the unforgivable curse. He looked up at me with pleading eyes. "Stop," I said. They kept going. "I said stop!"

Both Voldemort and Bellatrix just smiled as they kept going. "Stop!" I yelled. I could feel both of my parents looking at me. Feeling disappointed in me. "Stop it!" They both lowered their wands.

I ran over to Fred and took his face in my hands. "Are you okay?" I asked him. "You're one of them?" He asked, ignoring my question. "You disappointed me little Malfoy," Voldemort said. I turned around keeping Fred behind me. "Love makes you weak. What do you do with weaknesses? You kill them before they kill you." I heard the words and saw the green light. Turning around I saw Fred on the ground dead. All because of me.

I sat up in bed breathing heavily at the nightmare I just had. I can't let that happen. Fred can't die because I want to keep him in my life. What we did today was the right choice. We did the right thing when we ended it.

Word Count: 1283