XII - The Struggle for a Beautiful Future

"Just two weeks right?" Anna hated sounding whiny but she was scared.

"Just two weeks," Tony reassured her. He said it with a chuckle which caused Anna to stop pouting.

"Well I'm sorry if I'm the only one who's worried about this relationship." She was annoyed now. Not at him, never at him. Tony has been nothing but perfect. Surprisingly, he was very patient with her. Anna wouldn't say that she was high maintenance but she was still a woman. There would be a day when she would obtain that title.

"Babe, I survived your father's cold stares last month. We survived when you went on vacation for two months." He sounded calm but Anna was worried that he was annoyed. He's pretty monotone most of the time. "Anna, we will be fine. Do you want to know why?" She remained silent knowing it was a rhetorical question. "Because I love you."

Anna's heart wanted to break through her sternum, travel through the phone, and into Tony's hands. This was dangerous but she didn't care. She trusted him. "Fine. You're right."

----------

"Hello? Tony?" It's been two weeks and she had been answering each phone call in a similar way. Tony told her he would be calling her on a random phone. This number was not stored in her contacts so Anna was hoping it was finally him.

"Baby? Are you there?" The call was a little bit choppy but Anna knew that familiar voice. "I'm sorry I can't talk to you for a long time. I just wanted to hear your voice and tell you that I love you."

----------

"They have a little belief at the Academy. Apparently couples that have lasted this long would be together till the end," Tony said with a smile on his face. "And don't forget that this is a long distance relationship too."

Tony tightened his arms around Anna as he kissed her forehead. Her heart was no longer hers. It was all his. His promises assured Anna that she could trust him. Each declaration of his love made her see more and more into the future with him.

"Just a few years right?" Anna looked up at Tony.

He gave a reassuring crooked smile. "Just few years and you are mine."

Anna looked back at the yellow-orange sky feeling loved and blessed.

Tony kissed her once again. "I love you."

-------------

I'm really sorry about the late update. Finals can be hectic for a pre-med student.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment. Please do tell your ideas on who's who :)