XVIII - Happy Ever After

"You look lovely tonight." She blushed at the compliment, letting him kiss her cheek and pulling out her chair for her.

"It's not like this is our first date, so stop with the flattery or else I'll pay for dinner." He let out a hearty laugh. "Oh no, we wouldn't want that! I don't want you to wound my dignity and pride."

It was her turn to laugh, "Well we all know you have too much of that! I guess I really should pay for dinner." She smiled at him as she took a look at the Italian menu in front of her. They were celebrating their first year anniversary as a couple at the setting of their first date. Her wonderful boyfriend even reserved the same table they sat on a year ago. It took a long time for Anna to once again be at the high of her love life. It took Anna a long time to once again trust someone her heart.

"So how was your day today?" The wonderful man said with his eyes glistening in amusement. He was trying to take a sip of his champagne but the infamous smirk that played on his lips kept that from happening.

"I don't know why I'm with you. You're a big nerd that needs to grow up." She tried to keep a straight face but it was impossible with him staring at her like that. She took a large dramatic sigh and decided to humor him, "Well, it was an exciting day. Saved some lives and accidentally delivered a baby. Unfortunately, I have a coworker who can't keep his hands to himself. He kept on harassing me in between surgeries." His boisterous laugh sliced through the romantic ambience of the room as Anna added in the last sentence.

"I was not harassing you! I was simply and lovingly showing my affection. An affection that should be freely given since today is a very special day. Don't act innocent, you were giggling your pretty little ass of as I was quote, unquote harassing you." It was Anna's turn to give out a boisterous laugh.

On their way back to her home to hopefully celebrate the momentous occasion, Anna was asked if they could have a small detour. Without any hesitation, she gave an affirmative nod. A nod that led her the surgical wing of the hospital they both work at. Hesitantly, she followed him past the entrance of the surgical wing. He suddenly stopped and turned to her with a nervous look on his face.

"You were there for me during my darkest times in middle school. You were my best friend through high school. Now, you are here to love me unconditionally. So Anna Marin, would you let me show you that you are not alone in this world? Would you let me be there through your darkest of times and be your best friend? Would you let me love you unconditionally by marrying me?"

With a teary nod, Anna forever gave him her heart, body and soul.

-----------------------
I'm almost there guys! Just a chapter or two left. Thank you so much for reading this far. Don't forget to comment and vote :)