XV - Leading Her To A Conundrum

It was a new day in the little bungalow she once called hell. But today was different. Today, a smile, rarely seen in this setting, erupted on her face as she slowly opened her eyes. She was welcomed, not by her husband, but the gleaming sun close to its zenith. For once, she didn't worry. She did not see the point of being afraid and scrambling to do her chores before the incarnation of Samael* came home.

The smile continued to perch on her face as she came down the stairs. She was planning to cook her husband his favorite meal: stuffed shells paired with grilled chicken. Maybe today they can finally have a domestic dinner together. Maybe today he won't have to shove her tear-filled face onto her plate. She got a small scar by her right eye from that night. Her dinner plate broke and sliced her. It was her fault for not eating everything on her plate.

But those were the old days. He's different now. She knew in her heart that he was. Her husband has changed. She dare not question how and why.

She came into a halt as she took in the sight in her kitchen. Their special guest was pit-pottering around in her little kitchen, making a meal, in the looks of it, a meal for two. She did not expect this since she thought he would be at work like her husband was.

"Hey, good morning," her guest greeted her with a small smile as he held two plates. "Care to join me for some late brunch?"

She didn't want to offend him so she nodded and followed him to the dining room. I didn't know you cook.

"I hope you don't mind me using your kitchen. I know you're very fond of it." She wanted to answer him with a witty answer. Or the truth on how she hates this home because she probably bled in every inch of this house. But she just nodded not wanting to be rude. He placed a colorful plate before her as she sat down stiffly.

She wanted to ask him her questions. Last night, she didn't know if she would ever have time alone with him but now her husband basically handed him to her in a diamond platter. She wanted to ask him badly. She couldn't find her voice. As much as she hoped that her husband has changed, she still feared that his old self would come back due to her speaking candidly to their guest. Plus, she was still not sure on which side he's on.

Their awkward silence was interrupted by his deep voice saying, "I hope that you understand that I'm not here just to give my old friend a visit." Her eyebrows scrunched together as she tried to process what he just said. "I've had some calls from people, who care deeply about you, asking me about you. They wanted to know where you were. They especially wanted to know if your husband was still holding you hostage in this house."

Her eyes bugged out. Those were her rebellious stage. She remembered reaching out to her friends for help. A crack on her pelvis proved that that was the worst thing she could ever do. "I-I'm f-fine."

She jumped out in shock as he got up from his seat, so quick that his chair crashed on the floor. She didn't look up. Looking up would make it worse.

"You're not fine! Don't say that! I know, okay? I'm here to help you!" She was suddenly pulled out of her chair and onto her feet. "I'm here to get you out." She was then pulled to the living room and to the front door.

Please, no. Please let go. No, please.

They both suddenly came into a screeching halt a few feet from the bungalow's light blue front door. It was wrenched open by their fuming guest. "I'm here to take you away. I don't understand why you're not happy about this!"

He walked past the threshold, onto the outside world and faced her. Softly he spoke, "I'm saving you."

-------------------------
*Samael - aka Death

Hello beautiful people, I hope you enjoyed that one :)

Please don't forget to comment and/or vote!

Love you! Cheers!