XVII - When She Saw Red

She took one step forward towards the door.

She looked up, briefly enough to see his reaction.

He smiled at her with encouragement. "You don't have to feel pain from that bastard anymore. I don't know why you dealt with his ass for that long."

She took a step back.

She started shaking her head.

Everything washed over her, taking out the goggles that was obstructing her view from what was happening. Her husband didn't deserve this. She can't leave him now that he's at the peak of his rehabilitation. He's changing and she needs to be there for him. If she left now, he would just go back to how he was before. What if when she does leave, he would victimize another woman. The girl wouldn't deserve the blows produced by her mistakes.

"Open your damn eyes! Why do you want to stay with him?" Her guest took her hands softly into his. Softly he added, "You do not deserve this."

The beaten up woman looked up forlornly at the once familiar stranger who was tenderly holding her hands to his large chest. His once comforting heartbeat caused her tear ducts to spill unwanted tears.

She reluctantly took her hands away and wiped the tears on her face.

"A long time ago, I fell in love with this beautiful guy." She gave out a short laugh at the thought. She looked up in the hopes that it would help stop the tears falling out of her eyes."He promised me a life full of love and happiness; a life spent beside him forever. So I gave him all. I gave him my trust, my heart, and my body."

Unfortunately, her tears started spilling out at the words that came out of her mouth, "But he left. He left me in the dust. He left me at my most vulnerable time of my life. And his reason? Because he didn't love me anymore. He threw me away like a piece of shit."

She was screaming now. Tears now covered the face of the broken woman. "I considered him my everything. I gave him everything!" He slowly backed away from her. To the lady's surprise, she saw tears in his eyes before he quickly wiped them away. "I may be the stupid fool you can manipulate then, but not anymore."

He stared at her in anger. "But you're letting it happen again. You're as stupid as you were back then, even more now that you still want to be at his fucking side. I gave you a choice but I see you've already chosen." With those final words, he ran out of the small bungalow with the front door wide open.

—————-

I hope you enjoyed my lovelies :) Don't forget to vote and comment.

There's a few chapters left so just hang on and we'll finally see what's going to happen to our character.