IX - An Unexpected Guest

She woke up screaming this morning. Thankfully, her husband was long gone for work. She tried sitting up without wincing in pain but failed miserably as she pushed the sheets away from her. She doesn't remember how she got into their bed. It's been a long time since she has lain on it. Most of the time the floor has been her mattress.

Waking up in the morning was always a bittersweet thing. Sweet because it meant she survived another night. Overly bitter because this means there's more to come.

A noise downstairs startled the bruised up woman. He was home and patches of dried up blood still covered her bony body. Her body started shaking at the idea of what's about to come.

More rape? Well conveniently for him she's still completely naked.

More abuse? At least she doesn't have to clean herself up twice today.

She was startled at the amount of bravery she still has for the snarky comments that materialized in her head. Too bad she doesn't have enough to run away from this version of hell.

A clattering of pots downstairs caused her to painfully jump out of bed and put on something decent. Maybe it's a burglar who can help her sum up enough courage to leave this place.

With that thought, she fleetingly reached the kitchen and was welcomed with a sight that she never thought she will ever see again.

"Oh hey babe, I was just about to wake you up. I made your favorite breakfast. I'm not sure if it's going to be as good as yours but keep an open mind." Her husband said as he poured gravy on a huge country fried chicken. "Why don't you go clean up while the rolls are still in the oven?"

With a little nod, she ran back into their master suite. When she reached the bathroom, she slapped herself hard in the face.

"OW FUCKER!" She quickly covered her mouth. Her husband doesn't really like cussing. She got kicked down to the floor when he heard her mutter that a long time ago.

This was real. Her hand landing on a bruise on her face proved that. What the hell was happening? She's being punked right? Does Ashton Kutcher still do that show?

After she finished freshening up, she finally came into a conclusion. He's killing her today. The country fried chicken smothered in gravy was her last meal. At least he was being humane on her last day on earth.

How was he going to kill her? Well it's not like him to give her the easy way out. Maybe he'll beat her to death. The years of beatings were practices for what is to come.

As she reached the kitchen, she decided to accept it. She has accepted that her death now faced her.

"Honey come sit down over here."

He went around the island and took her hand lovingly. She flinched in habit when she felt his hand on her. He slowly led her to the dining table and sat her down.

The whole time she talked herself into enjoying her last meal. When she finally sat down, she noticed another plate in front of her. Then there was a large man sitting down in front of her. A large man with hauntingly familiar green eyes.

"Hello old friend. We meet again."

---------------------------------------------------
Have you figured it out yet on whose who?

Sorry for not updating for a long time. But here it is now!

Don't forget to vote and/or comment! Thank you so much for reading :)