VII - The Dangers of Acceptance

She plastered on a smile as she sunk into her own bubble. She wasn't completely far gone into her own world for the tight hold of her husband's hand on her waist kept her aware of the real world. But at least in the public eye she was safe from his loving abuse.

She still loves him right? Or did she love the idea of him before he turned into this monster? Did she love him or the beautiful memories that seemed forever ago? She used to be able to talk freely and laugh at his weirdness. He used to shake his head at her when she did something weird.

The smile on her face seemed to be a bit more genuine at the memories that ran through her head. But it was short lived for as fast as the memories came so did the lump on her throat and the ache of her tear ducts.

She missed him. She missed the real them.

Real?

The thought of it was too far gone. The way she lived now was reality. The tortures, abuse and rape was what she deserved.

Slowly but surely, a new stubborn parasite formed inside her veins and arteries; so strong that it quickly acclimated itself in the four chambers of her heart. A more dangerous being settled itself in the poor woman's body, quickly replacing the black liquid ash of fear. By the end of the night, after a few more memories ran through the host body's head, this sparkling grey substance introduced itself to the rest of her body, especially her brain, as acceptance.

--------------------------

The party continued as she slipped into her own world completely oblivious of the green observant eyes following her every move.

She was attached to his hip the whole entire night. It wasn't anything new. She would be more surprised if he did leave her, even for just a second. The first time they went out to public, her bladder decided to claim her attention ten minutes into the party. Not knowing what his reaction would be, she timidly asked him if she could use the comfort room. The rest of the night was a blur. Her bladder bursting when he attacked her with words and his hands when they got home was the only thing that made that night memorable. From then on she knew that he wasn't too keen on the idea of her leaving his side.

A lot of girls would swoon at that idea. Well a handsome guy being possessive was always her dream when she was young. Oh how she wanted to scold her teenage self.

But maybe this was his way of showing his love for her. Yes, that was exactly it. Although she didn't remember anybody warning her about his special characteristic.

Out of nowhere she was pulled out of her little world when a vivacious, slightly drunk lady beside her started talking to her. Unfortunetly she couldn't answer her questions with a curt nod or soft grunts without being rude. So nervously she cleared the cob webs that surrounded her voice box. To her large surprise, she enjoyed their conversation. A second before the lady's husband could get a word in, her thigh was roughly grabbed. She tried not to wince as she abruptly ended their conversation. She wanted to turn back to the nice couple and apologize but he didn't give her the chance. He pulled her out of her seat and out to the parking lot.

She readied herself when they saw their cute bungalow. Everything that was about to happen was her fault. She didn't know why she decided to open her mouth. The drunk lady wouldn't even remember her.

---------------------------------------------

Grunts and the slapping of skin were the only sounds she could hear. Fortunately, he didn't turn on the lights.

Hot tears and searing pain were the only things she could feel. Fortunately, he had work tomorrow.

He showed his love this way and because she loved him she accepted every painful thrust and bruise enducing grabs.

She knew the night had only begun. He wouldn't be satisfied until she bled all over the mahogany floor of their bedroom. But he showed his love this way and because of acceptance, she welcomed the pain.

--------------------------

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. She's going through a lot at the moment but let's hope she'll have her happy ending.

Don't forget to comment and vote :) Cheers!