VI - Persistance Goes A Long Way

It would be completely unfair to actually depend on Mondy. But he was the only person he was close to and the only person she completely knew and trusted. She was hoping that Mondy had her side in this. He had to be. She was a better best friend than that Blake dude. He wouldn't know anything about dating advices. He doesn't seem to fit the part of helping Mondy through his emotional unstability. At least that was what Anna hoped. Well she did introduce him to her cousin Elaine. Sickeningly, they were now together. It wasn't because she was bitter about their relationship, it was because Elaine was the type of girl that LOVES to brag about her boyfriend. Her baby voice whenever they're on the phone together was also another cause to Anna's dry heeves at the thought of them together. But Mondy loves her and Anna can't see how.

"Hopefully I'm not like that when I'm around boys," Anna muttered under her breath.

She crossed her fingers and hoped to all the Gods that Blake was the type of guy that looked like a douchebag who has a brain. She hoped that he at least knew the difference between organic and inorganic chemistry or maybe he at least knew the way Dante Alighieri got out of hell in Inferno. Hopefully the books that he read were more than the ones that were forced down their throats by english teachers.

Anna cursed herself for already judging the poor boy. It has only been five minutes since he accepted her friend request and she's already been listing down her expectations. She cursed herself once again for hoping that they would have a chance to be together. She forgot the fact that if they were to date, it would be a long distance relationship.

But that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Anna was still adamant about the idea of Mondy bribing Blake to accept her friend request.

"Ah fuck this," she screamed as she opened up the facebook app on her phone. With shaky, sweaty palms she typed out a message to Blake.

Anna Marin: Whatever Mondy said about me isn't all true.

Before she could even judge her impulsive action, a message appeared below hers.

Blake Karalis: I don't know what you're talking about. Mondy?

"Oh white guys why do I like you so much," Anna sighed. She hated awkward conversations and unfortunately that's all she's been getting from all the guy she liked. But she had to give him a chance. It was kind of the only answer he could give to a random stranger.

She thought of something witty. She wanted this guy to think she's funny. Anna knew that being perverted wouldn't be a nice first impression.

After a few minutes of coming up blank, Anna just resorted to boringly explain where Mondy came from.

Then soon after that the conversation started flowing. Anna was hoping he was flirting but she wouldn't know what flirting was. Well she had an idea but who really knew what flirting was? Was there some kind of rubric for it? Instead of answering the question that formed in her head Anna replied to Blake's new message.

Amazingly, a beautiful friendship bloomed.

-------------------------

I don't know if I'm going too slow or too fast in this story! I know how it's going to end but I just don't know about the middle part of it haha! Oh well I guess I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

Thanks for reading :) I hope you're enjoying it so far. Just comment if you have any questions or concerns!