II - Adrenaline

A look of frustration set in on Anna's face as she tried to type out a good enough thesis that would impress her now hated AP English teacher. 

"The emotions depicted were once believed to be love but had somehow morphed into..."

Anna can already hear her now, just by reading it on her own.

"It's to meh," Anna mocked her AP English teacher, at least she tried. It somehow came out sounding like a grumpy old hag instead.

She was never the person that hated on really strict teachers. Authority figures were respected and never challenged. But in Anna's defense this bitch brought it on to herself. Never had Anna cried in front of a teacher in a long time; a long time meaning when she was still in fifth grade. Anna was told that junior year of high school was hard and boy were they right. It wasn't as difficult at first until the she-wolf decided to rain down missiles on her, one simple misunderstanding turned into a full-fledged war.

"Carlota faced a difficult task on differentiating two completely different emotions: love and..."

Anna sighed and closed her computer. She vowed internally that she'll finish or somehow revise it sometime tonight when the mini writer's block takes a vacation.

Looking to her side, she picked up her phone and quickly opened up Facebook. Anna was not the type that vented out her problems on social media. She just loved reading people's ridiculous statuses, that should not be shared to the public. As much as she tried not to go along with the "mainstream" style, this was one thing that took her on a chokehold and dragged her on for the ride.

As she scrolled through the random videos and slutty pictures that teenagers are posting these days, she stopped at one post that her best friend from Virginia posted. An odd circumstance because he was also not the type that shared his personal life on social media.

They've been friends for many years now and fortunately, Anna's move to Maryland did not affect their friendship. Unlike the others that had promised to keep in touch and to never forget her, Ethan Raymond was the only one that kept those promises. Their friendship started during seventh grade when they were in one class together. Because of both their competitive streak and that they sat beside each other, their now sibling-esque feelings towards each other was planted. But Ethan looked different now than he used to in seventh grade.

Ethan Raymond was fat and ugly when they first met. Fortunately for him, Anna's no bullshit personality, she frankly told him that. Ethan of course took the criticism and ran with it. And yes, Ethan did so literally.

Anna believed that because of her bullying, Ethan, in the most cliché way possible, joined the soccer team and lost all of the fat that accumulated during his younger years. 

His pimples that Anna used to just cringe away from, left behind a smooth and pronounced jaw line that Anna drooled over when it's on other guys. 

"So you actually know how to wash your face?" Anna remembered asking Ethan when she finally noticed his face.

Ethan Raymond was now a sight to behold and does not need to chase after girls anymore. His loving personality and love for cooking AND baking magnified the chick magnet that he carried around in school. 

Thankfully, Anna did not witness the ridiculousness happening due to her move to Maryland.

Anna clicked on one of the pictures and saw that Niles Bay High School's junior prom happened last night. 

Ethan wore a black button down shirt matched with black slacks. Anna cringed when she saw the red bowtie that he wore. He was with a short Filipino girl that she did not know and did not really care about. Nothing towards the girl, that was not the important component of the image.