XIV - The Dreaded End

Anna has always been the type of girl who knew a person's personality with just one look. Being a military brat and all, she has met numerous people, which was enough to see the pattern that everyone's similar. There will always be that bitch Natalie who you're jealous of because she has amazing outfits but was eased because of her horrible personality. An Andrew who would always be in all the AP class and answers every question, asked by the teacher, over confidently. She can sense all of them from a far. Anna has prided herself with this 'super power'. But, unfortunately, it didn't work on that one person that held her heart in their hands.

------------
Anna came home from practice completely worn out. Their musical director decided to place another dance routine so the rehearsal was especially long that day. Fortunately, Easter weekend was that weekend so it was a huge break for her.

Anna checked her phone to see if she got any massages.

Tony: Going to Mondy's.

Short and curt, that was what most of their conversations were these past two months. They didn't have time to have a long and decent one anymore. They were both too busy. Anna had the musical and Tony was in the Academy studying his ass off.

Anna sighed, thinking whether or not she should reply.

Anna: Are you sure you're not just coming to MA to surprise me? ;)

Tony: Sorry babe, too busy.

Anna: With what?

Tony: You know I don't want to bother my mom about these things too much.

Anna: It's not like you come here often. Plus I would go but you know I have the musical.

Tony: I know. I'll talk to you later. I'm at Mondy's.

Anna: I'm sorry. I just miss you. I guess I just expected too much and was hoping I would see you this weekend. Since you're home for once.

Anna: What is he talking to you about? Is he breaking up with me?

Mondy: Stop. You're being paranoid. We're just hanging out.

Anna: I don't feel good when you say that.

Mondy: You guys just need to talk. Okay babe? Don't worry about it.

The pit in Anna's stomach suddenly grew. The feeling suddenly just came crashing down on her when she read Tony's messages. He's always been so adamant on seeing her. This was a first and it was scaring her.

Anna admits that she has been too busy these past months because of the musical. She's been falling asleep before their usual conversation time which was at 11. Unfortunately, she would pass out around 9 or if she didn't have homework, right after dinner. Tony couldn't message her during the day because he was too busy running around in the Academy.

"I think he's breaking up with me," Anna said as she heard her best friend's hello.

"Stop, don't even think about that. You guys are meant to be together. You haven't done anything to make him break up with you." Cindy sounded shocked and exasperated at the same time. Anna hoped Tony would have the same reaction when she tells him about this paranoia. "Just talk to him Hun. Watch, he will laugh at you for making up some crazy shit." Anna hoped Cindy was right. She's been nothing but perfect. Anna hasn't smothered him with crazy texts. Well, she couldn't because she doesn't have time anymore.

Tony: Can we Skype?

"Hey I gotta go. I'll just tell you what happens. Love you!" Anna hung up the call and quickly powered up her Skype on her laptop.

"Hey there." Tony smiled at her when they could finally see each other on the screen. Anna relaxed a little bit. Smiling was good. Smiling meant nothing wrong was going to happen.

"Please laugh and say that I am crazy. Please tell me that I'm just being weird and paranoid. Please tell me you're not breaking up with me." Anna tried to swallow the lump that formed in her throat. But it grew when she saw Tony's solemn reaction. Shit, why isn't he smiling?

"Well you're going to London for college and I got promoted in the Academy. I was going to do this after break but why drag the inevitable right?"

"Yeah, why drag it at all." Anna didn't want to cry. She was strong. She didn't want him to see how affected she was with what was happening. Anna didn't want Tony to see how much pain she was going through in the inside.

"Plus Anna," Tony stabbed her as he said her name for the first time in the full year they have been talking. "We haven't talked much these past two months. If this long distance relationship isn't working now, when we're only a state away from each other, I don't know how it will be when there's the Atlantic Ocean between us."

"Yeah you're right. We should break up."

"I'm glad you're really fine about this."

"Of course! I saw this coming didn't I?" Anna gave him her signature fake toothy smile, a smile that she saves for those gloomy days where she just wants to cry in a corner. "I'm a strong girl. Stop underestimating me."

"I know you are. That's why I know you'll be fine." But I'm not. It hurts. Please make it stop. Take me back.

"Well I guess this is goodbye." No, please don't say goodbye. Goodbye means forever.

"Yeah. Goodbye Blake." I love you.

The screen in front of her went black. Anna stared off into space and out of nowhere, unrestrained sobs consumed her.

She clutched herself tightly as her uncontrollable sobs tried to match the pain in her chest cavity that held a shattered piece of wasted flesh.

-------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Private Message me if you want to know a little secret about this chapter :)

Thank you for reading!