the rebel flesh

they mimick others

they mimick others. the flesh. the almost people. that was their job, mimicking people.

the doctor couldn't pinpoint it at first, but it made him feel sad.

it made him nostalgic for something, and he didn't quite understand why. it took him a little while to figure it out.

the flesh. they turn themselves into other people. and he had seen that before, it wasn't new to him.

he had seen someone do that before, a creature that could turn into someone else, only it was a little different.

cassandra.

cassandra had possessed rose, she had turned into rose the same way the flesh was doing now.

and not having rose here when he was reminded of her made his hearts wilt in his chest.

of course, this was about amy. he needed to know what was going on with amy.

but he also knew that for him, it would never be about anybody but rose.

he couldn't get rid of her, she was always there.

in the blondes he passed on the streets, in the way that amy cared for him, in the clothing the tardis had that she wore previously.

he couldn't get rid of rose tyler.

she was always there, in his mind. never leaving, she stuck with him always.

and something told him she always would be.