vincent and the doctor

as the doctor watched amy and vincent flirting, he had 2 thoughts run through his mind

the first was that he felt his heart lurch as he remembered rory, knowing that amy didn't.

the second, more pressing thought, was the flirting, and how strangely calm he was about it. he felt nothing, no jealousy, no anger, no desire to get amy away from him.

and he knew why.

he was fine with amy being hit on, because amy wasn't rose.

amy wasn't rose, and the doctor could never love amy the way rose did.

rose would always be his person.

and if it were rose the doctor was hitting on, well that would be a whole different story.

but it wasn't, because she wasn't there. rose was gone, and the doctor was still heartbroken.
-
as he stared at the poster that had been stuck to the tardis in confusion, his eyes filled with tears. he tried not to let it show.

he tried not to let those tears fall, because they were the same tears that he had cried a thousand times before, and he didn't know if they would ever stop.

the last time there had been something stuck on his tardis, it was a bad wolf poster.

everything, the posters included, had led him back to rose that time.

he had seen the words everywhere, on the tardis when donna met rose in the parallel universe, the bad wolf corporation that somehow kept showing up, and when rose became the bad wolf.

and that's ultimately where he would continue wishing he would end up, even though he knew he never could.

with rose.