the almost people

he had thought of it before

he had thought of it before. when he first realized that the flesh had copied him and there were now two doctors running around the place.

it had already crossed his mind.

two doctors in one place at one time. that's not something that happens every day.

that's not something that happens ever, really.

except it wasn't the first time it had happened.

it had happened at bad wolf bay.

when he stood there, with rose and his other self, and he gave her away.

he watched as the love of his life gave herself to another version of him, the same memories the same everything.

but because of that, he wouldn't have his rose.

and now it was happening again.

there were two doctors there.

now there are two doctors and no rose, and that might as well be his worst nightmare.
-
the doctor stared off in the distance. there were two of him.

two of him.

one made of the flesh and one that had been traveling for centuries.

and amy couldn't wrap her brain around the fact that it was him. that the flesh was still HIM.

he couldn't help but slip into a flashback.

"you made me." the metacrisis spat.

"exactly you were born in battle. full of blood and anger and revenge." he turned to rose. "remind you of someone?

she wouldn't look at him.

"that's me, when we first met. and you made me better. now you can do the same for him." this was killing him.

"but he's not you."

"he needs you." the doctor countered. "that's very me."

she hadn't been able to wrap her head around having two doctors.

it took her some time, but when he had left her there, the doctor had given her no choice.

now, amy couldn't fathom that these two doctors may very well both be the doctor.

the same way rose hadn't been able to so many years ago on bad wolf bay.

and though he didn't want to show it, that broke his hearts more than he was able to express.

because that was the last time he had seen rose tyler. he would never see her again.

and THAT was truly his worst nightmare.