The night was going on quite well. AlthougPROLOGUE 1 : THE BEGINNING

Author: Hello guys, I just want to inform y'all that the prologue is in 3 parts. This is the first one, 2 more to go. Please do enjoy the story and fill the comment with your thoughts.
Thanks y'all for giving my story a chance to be read.
Enjoy!!!

The government were determined to curb crime in the country. They did everything and left no stone unturned in their quest of eliminating crime.

Criminals were arrested on a daily basis and life was getting quite hard for the remaining who hid.

The Mafias in the country began to travel out in little groups to avoid getting caught.
They all began to move out of the country to settle in different countries were they had possessions that could sustain their group.

3 YEARS LATER

Dean hung up from the phone.
He turned to face his brother Bruno who's face was hardened in annoyance.
"What's the report?" Bruno blurted out.
" He's trying to sort things out."
" They all better cooperate let's do this and get to back to our country. We are beginning to run low in business and it's quite harmful to us all."
Dean gave Bruno a pat on the back.
" They have no choice!"

Dean was moving towards the door
"Who do you think deserves that spot? Me right?" Bruno asked his brow furrowed.
"When we get there, we will talk about it." Dean didn't look back and walked out of the room.

Bruno clenched his fists. He was furious. It was obvious if everything worked out, his brother won't give him that spot. His brother never let him control or hold any power.
It was annoying but he was determined in making Dean see reasons why he should make him get that spot by all means. He knew he deserved it. No one deserved it better than he did after all Dean had no son.

Dean only had daughters, 3 of 'em. He had Spent all his life in the mafia and he knew he deserved this more than anything else.
The spot was overall control and that was what Bruno wanted so badly.

Dean walked into his private office. He sat on a chair and put on a cigarette taking in the smokes and cooling his mind.
One of his phones began to ring and he picked it up.
"Dean Rogers!" He spoke first before the caller could even say a word.
" It's Samoa! Good day sir!"
" Samoa! "
" Sir I got 2 more Mafias to join this it's left with your biggest rival Blake and his mafia. That seems quite impossible to convince."
" I want you to convince him Samoa! That's what I'm paying you for!"
Dean hung up.
Blake had never liked Dean even if it was a normal tradition for Mafias not to get along but the hatred Blake had was extraordinary.

Dean ran the biggest mafia in the whole world and he was the envy of most of the struggling mafia and also Blake's mafia which was quite successful but couldn't get to the top.
So he was used to all the hatred he got. He didn't care at this point, all he wanted was cooperation so they could achieve this great goal.

Alex walked into the private room.
She stared at her father smoking.
Her face hardened and she snatched the cigar and stumbled on it.
"Your health dad!"
Dean laughed." I've lots of the Alex. So that was just a waste."
" But your health! The doctor says..." He cut her short." I don't care what the doctor says. This has always been my life and I'm not gonna end it now just because of some stupid diagnosis"

Alex rolled her eyes. She watched her dad pick another cigar and lit it up.
"So how was school today?" Dean tried to change the topic.
" Awesome! I won the tournament!" She showed him a medal she had gotten from a race at school.
"That's my girl. Always making daddy proud."
"So dad! How's your plan going? Are they accepting your offer?"
"It's progressing. Soon I'll get all the mafia together and we will carry out the plan"

Alex was proud of her dad. A wide smile spread out on her face.
" Dad! You are so humble. I mean you put down all your grudges to plan something that would benefit all the mafia in our country. Wow dad. That's awesome"
" I had to think about you. My family, Bruno. This is the family business. I can't let it go down the drain. Why then do I run the biggest mafia in the world if I can't handle this?"
" I wanna be like you dad. Someday, I'll run the mafia and I'll have power and control"
" Soon Alex. But now you've gotta focus on school. You're still 11. Quite young my dear. Focus on school."
" I'll dad!" She hugged him again." I'm starving. I wanna go eat!"
"Sure dear. You can go!"

Alex hopped out happily.
Dean chuckled. Alex was the only child he had who supported him. Frances and Clara her elder sister's didn't give a fuck about the mafia.
They weren't even living with them. They had eloped with their aunt to another country after Dean's mafia moved out of their own country.

His wife, Tricia lived with them. She had been a pillar and a support and helped raise Alex so much. It was sad when Frances and Clara decided to go but she let them. At least they eloped with someone she trusts.

The mafia was Dean's life and everything he owned came from the mafia business.
He was quite a man with good virtue but he could be as ruthless as ever if he wanted to.