CHAPTER 2

The day for me to return had arrived.
I stared at myself on the mirror. Yes my skin wasn't as radiant as before.
It was hard rough and thick.

Life hasn't been so sweet for my skin to be like it used to.
I had my bath and packed all my clothes and some money too.

Ciara had passed the night in my house so she would help me today.
She was such a friend. My best friend and I loved her.
"Make sure you get a good place to stay. And also in a secluded area. At your signal we all will come over there and join you."
"Sure!"

...
I arrived at washington. It was quite different from what I remembered.
The aura was quite different too.
I couldn't remember most places but I know I settled down at an apartment that was placed for rent.

It didn't have much luxury. It was just a simple apartment.
Ciara was gon help me sell all my old stuffs back in pittsburgh and send  me the money she raised from it.

Now I was in washington, the place I wanted to be.
I unpacked all my stuffs and got my apartment ready.
I took a stroll to a nearby grocery store for food. I would have just stolen it and run away like In pittsburgh but I didn't want to attract the cops on my arrival.

  It was night and I was quite bored. So I wore my black leather jacket and got out of my new apartment for a stroll. The streets of washington was quite busy tonight with alot of traffic.

There is just something strange about everything. It felt like danger was lurking in the darkness and was gon pop out anytime.
Not like I am scared, but I wonder why I feel this way.

The town was not a one for minors. It had extremely luxurious buildings and malls. A lot of things had changed with bill boards all about displaying fashion news, magazine, politics.
There was a loud buzzing music and all the noises from the cars and buses were so loud.

The night was quite cold. I was inhaling the cold sir and still exhaling it. It was winter anyways and soon it would be christmas.
Christmas used to be fun back when I had my family but for the last 8 years without them, I lost to see the reason for Christmas. It turned out to be like a regular day living a rough life to survive in the ghetto I found myself.

My feet stopped right in front of a massive club. It did look quite familiar like a club my dad and his gang did visit most times.
I felt the great urge to step in and I did.
I felt a strong grip on my hand. My eyes met with another pair burning with desperation.
"You! Ready to work and earn some daily bucks!" The cold woman said to me.
No doubt I was shocked and for some seconds I grew mute but I found myself saying yes to her.
"Good now..." She hands me a tray filled with drinks." Serve this to the men at that table" she showed me the table and I walked towards it.

My eyes glanced around. The club was quite large and I just say luxurious. I wonder how I was able to get in freely because when I turned to look at the entryway there was a large man standing there checking people in.

The music was popping loud with strippers dancing for money and men watching them with full interest. Some where even getting tips for a night.
I arrived at the table and served them the drink.
I felt light touch on my skin and I turned to see one of the men in his drunken state trailing my hand.
The feeling of disgust ran through my veins and I slowly shove his hand away, returning back to where I had met the woman.

I did want to decline and leave the club before I get entangled in stuffs I might not be able to handle but I couldn't. A part of me didn't want to.

Luckily I saw the woman again and she took the empty tray and gave me another.
"Take it to the upper floor. There a group of men are chilling with some of my girls. Serve them this and mind you, those men shouldn't find the slightest fault in anything. They are quite influential".
I took the stairs to the upper floor and was shown a room by  someone I could call a body guard.

Indeed the room was filled with men. Tough looking men. I was serving them the drinks when  I saw him. I recognized him immediately. His face hadn't changed one bit.

They all kept quite and glanced at me as I served the drinks. Boring me with eyes that were like" get going".
I took another glance at him. It was him. He was one of the influential men the woman was talking about.
He had a slut with him who was busy romancing and feeding him at the same time.

A sting of hatred filled my heart but I did try to mask as they all had their eyes on me.
I took the tray and I turned to go back but a strong pull stopped me.
I fell on the laps of a man. One of the men. He had pulled me causing me to fall on him.

He had a very weird laugh and held what I could say a strong resemblance to him. The man I saw at the table.
"Hello barbie. I like your blonde!" His hands ran through my hair.
I did feel like kicking his balls and smashing his face with the tray but I couldn't.

This men had to be deadly. I mean Carlos, Carlos Clover was in their midst. The son to Blake , the ex president of the country.
I tried to force myself off him but his grip on me was quite firm.
"Sir please!" I mumbled. The other men laughed even the girls in their midst laughed too.
The man as well laughed.
My blood was boiling but I had to mask it. I had to control myself.
"I want to take you to bed, Blonde! I like blondes. Rumour say they are the best when..." I forcefully got off him and ran out of the room before he could finish his statement.
I could hear them burst into laughter as I left.

A part of me felt quite hurt and insulted.
The music was still popping at the main club. I didn't know my way around but I know I got out of the upper floor back to the main club.
I searched around for the woman.

I felt someone pull me into a room. enough of the pulling.  I groaned In my head, but then I realized it was the woman.
"Wassup freshman. What's your name!"
"Alex!" I mumbled not looking at her.
"Okay Alex. Sorry I didn't do an intro before assigning you some jobs. But I'm Aliyah. I run this club one of the biggest club in washington DC. "
"Okay!"
"I want you to work for me. I just fired my waitress and I need another. Since you're here and I'm sure you have nothing doing why don't you work here. There's a daily pay of 200 dollars!"
My eyes widened. A daily pay of that amount was quite fortunate. It did help me alot to pay bills and fend for myself.
"So what do you say, Alex!" I nodded slowly agreeing to her offer.

There was a wide smile on her face as she pat my shoulder.
"Note Alex, Never offend the customers. That's the number one rule. Do whatever they tell you to do okay?"
I shifted my gaze to her.
"Even if they want..." I couldn't mention the word but she nodded and gave a faint smile understanding what I wanted to say.
"Even if they want that!"

My stomach rumbles in disgust. There was no way I was gonna let some mother fucking asshole take me to bed. I would try and resist it was what I told myself.
"Okay!"
"Now go serve some other customers." She handed me another tray and showed me another table to serve.