PROLOGUE 3:DESTRUCTION

Dean had been trying to get to Blake but it wasn't working. There were no traces at the warehouse concerning the fire. Dean wanted more help and from the government but he was unable to reach anyone in Blake's mafia.

It was becoming quite alarming and Dean was becoming worried especially with the pressure from Bruno.
Since Bruno, never liked Dean's choice he did quarrel Dean at the slightest opportunity.

"Oscar!" He yelled on the phone.
"Come to my Office now!" He sat in his office with was a large room in his house were he handled paper works concerning the mafia and other regulars.
Not long, Oscar walked in. Oscar was on tough guy in Dean's mafia and Dean treasured him.
"I need you to go to Blake. Tell him I would like to see him. It's urgent."
" Sure boss!" Oscar walked out.

Dean was quite troubled. He had lost millions due to that fire and that was a big blow to the mafia and to the business. He took some whiskey and smoked too to calm his nerves.

Bruno barged into Dean's office annoyed. "Dean! I told you. You could have chosen me. You could have but no. Now that bastard and his father ain't on our side."
"What do you mean?"
" Dean, you've destroyed this mafia.
You destroyed our fathers sweat. I warned against getting married. I warned you. I told you not to fall in love but you didn't listen. Now love has made you soft. You begin to trust the enemy. See what you've done to us. Dean you failed. You destroyed us."
Bruno was so furious he was sweating badly. He was known for his regular temper but this was quite different.

Bruno was disappointment, annoyed and filled with so much hated that instant.
"Where is this all coming from?" Dean was puzzled. He didn't understand anything that was going on.
"You sent Oscar to Blake right? Well if you must know, Blake shot Oscar. He's passing a message to you. He's gonna destroy you"
Dean was stunned. He got up instantly staring at Bruno. Just when he was about to react, his cellphone rang.
"Dean Rogers!" He tried to hide his anger. He didn't want to scare whosoever was calling.
" Dean Rogers!!! We've called to Inform you that your wife has been kidnapped. She's in our custody. If you want her, you are gonna have to pay 700 million. If not, it's our pleasure to end her life. You've 3 days Dean. Three days." Dean could hear her voice screaming in pain.

He grew numb as color drained from his face. Not his wife, he loved his wife.
" Who was that?" Bruno asked.
Dean fell to the chair. He was speechless. Seven hundred million was alot if money. After the fire incident, he was certain he didn't have half of seven hundred million.
"Dean! Answer me!" Bruno yelled. He was quite annoyed himself.
"They kidnapped Tricia. And they set a release pay of seven hundred million. Bruno seven hundred million." Dean was almost crying.
He didn't see this coming at all.

Maybe Bruno was right. He grew soft. He decided to trust the enemy. He gave love a chance and love has changed him. Made him better but destroyed his mafia.
He was lost of words. He was confused. He didn't see this coming.
He was aware and didn't need to be told that Blake had done this.

Dean cursed himself for giving a free way to the enemy. What he taught would be something fair and beneficiary to all has backfired.
The good deed he wanted to do to maintain a good relationship had backfired.
Everything was crumbling down.
His walls, everything!

Author: If y'all think I did rush the prologue, well it's because I want to get to the main part but no need to worry if ya confused, read further, sure you'll understand.
This is for anyone that's confused.
Thanks once again.
I really appreciate 💯❤️
©️All rights reserved ©️