CHAPTER 17

NOAH

I dropped her off at the grocery store and drove off not after stealing a kiss.

I hated the fact that we had a night together when I'm not even sure of things yet.

Funny I was no longer a virgin. She lost hers to me too. I did wish to see the look on my Uncle's face when I tell him but I won't.

This is not a night of just fun. It was night of emotions and desire, passion for everything we've got for each other.

I hated the fact I was making her doubt me. I shouldn't have suggested we run away when I won't even be able to tell her the reason why.
I shouldn't have. Now she's thinking I'm keeping secrets and hiding things. She's growing not just scared but worried too.

____

I got home and walked into the kitchen. I was quite thirsty.
I met a new chef. A male one. My eyes glanced at him as he prepared a meal I guess was for my dad.
"Who're you?" My cold voice did frightened him. He didn't notice my presence all along.
"Sorry sir. Good day sir. I'm Tony. Im the new chef. I work here now."
"Who hired you?"
"I don't know his name sir".
Weird!!! But I shoved it aside.

I got myself a glass of water and walked out heading for my room.

I opened the door totally forgetting I share the room with a woman.
She stood with a towel wrapped round her chest applying lotion on her skin.
Her face lightened up when she saw me.
"Noah! How are you. You didn't come home last night. I tried calling you and so did your dad".
I shrugged not really knowing the best way to respond.

"Do you want to rest?" She was acting all nice nice and it did make me feel uncomfortable.
"And yes, your dad did tell me to tell you when you arrive to meet him in the basement." She added. I hadn't walked into the room yet. I stood out the room with the open door.

When she said that, I gave her a slight nod , closed the door and went to the base.

The four men were busy smoking their goddamn lives out. Everywhere was filled with smokes and toxic smell of hard drugs.
"Noah!" My dad called when he saw me.
"You didn't sleep home. You left Lisa all by herself and you told no one where you were going." He was almost scolding me but I guess he was deep in the comfort of the hemp.

"Last time I checked dad, I don't usually give reports on where I go"
"You should start giving now. And please pick your calls whenever you're out" his sudden care scared me. He didn't usually care.
"This sounds weird coming from you" I snapped feeling quite irritated.

"It's a full house now. Everyone is here. Harrison, his daughter, my woman and Everyone. So please be responsible. Don't be stubborn".

I shrugged. "Noah, we did want to inform you that your wedding with Lisa will hold 2 days after Christmas."
Uncle Malcolm said.
My jaw dropped. That was like a week to go.
"I don't remember agreeing to this marriage!" I snapped again.

"You've to son. You don't have a choice. And besides she's beautiful." My grandfather talked this time.
I felt so pissed I walked out.

I felt so confused. I didn't know where to go. My room, she was there. The base, my annoying family was there.

I felt so weak and stressed out. Not knowing what to do or how to handle the situation.
I did feel like taking a some juice so I walked back to the kitchen.
My phone rang immediately I stepped in the kitchen. It was Justin.

"Hey Noah, you've got to come to the warehouse."
"Which of them!"
"The main stock warehouse. We've got a supply but your signature is needed."
"Why can't my dad go there?"
"He did say I should call you. So get your ass here now."
"The warehouse at the deserted town square right?" I scorned trying to be sure. For a moment I felt like I didn't even know what Justin was talking about.
"Of course. That's the main warehouse. You know it so why still asking" Justin sounded quite pissed. I didn't even get to take the juice I walked out heading to my bike.