CHAPTER 7

So that turned out to be more easier than I expected and I must say, they are all hospitable in this gang of theirs.

They did make me an offer to move in with them in to the bigger apartment but I refused. I didn't want to be seen with them.

My mind wandered to Noah, what if he comes around again.
I'm sure he would get the wrong impression. It's weird that it matters to me.

I've not seen him for days now and I'm sure he's still mad at me.
He's somewhere, living his life and I'm here still feeling guilty.

NIGHT

He didn't come around today again.
Was this his own way if punishing me? Because I swear it's working.

My head was in chaos and I was beginning to feel empty, regretting why I treated him that way and scolded him too. He didn't deserve it.

"Aliyah! Noah still didn't come today!" I complained to her trying not to sound bothered.
"Yes. I tried calling him but he isn't answering. I called someone close to him and he said Noah is just busy with work"
I groaned feeling so heartbroken.
I really wanted to apologize and tell him I was sorry for everything mean I said to him that night.

My shift was over after getting my daily pay from Aliyah, I left the club walking back home.
It was late probably 1am but I was already used to walking by myself on the streets.
I could defend myself, that I'm sure of.

I caught sight of a familiar figure.
It looked so much like Noah. Was he the one?
I hastened my steps to the figure leaning on a bike with his black jacket, black trouser and dark eye glass.

"Noah!" He turned to me removing the glass from his eyes.
Our eyes met and yes it was him.
I looked around wondering why he was waiting alone in a place like this.

There was no trace of anyone around.
"Alex!" He mumbled. I couldn't deny the sadness I saw in his eyes.
It felt like my presence was hurting him more.
"Why are you here?" Those words escaped my lips and I felt like taking them back.
"Just wanted to chill outside."
"You don't feel comfortable in the club anymore?" He nods , I could feel my heart sinking.

   Yes it hurt me badly and I disliked it. I barely knew this guy but he was having a strange effect on me.
"Is it because of me?" He shifts his gaze from me and nods again.

A part of me was happy he was being honest and another part was hurting.
"I'm sorry!" I blurted out absent minded but I meant it.
He looked at me, his blue eyes staring deep into my brown ones.

I had this urge to grab the collar of his jacket and pull him into my embrace, kissing him passionately.
He didn't respond. Maybe he had nothing to say.
"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have talked to you that way. I just felt confused. You were tryna kiss me and you go to the club, I didn't know what to think. Yes I work at the club but my life ain't like the other girls there. I'm no prostitute or Slut. I don't just wanna be treated the way they are. Get a man for a night and getting dumped right after. I'm sorry Noah. Not seeing you this pass few days did hurt me and I feel so guilty. Please forgive me Noah."

He pulled me into his embrace, kissing my head. His was taller than I was and muscular.
I could feel his thick muscles beneath the jacket.

"It's okay. I forgive you. You are one reason why I'm here. I wanted to talk to you. I might have been angry at you but I was hurting too."
We stopped hugging and were staring at ourselves intensely.
"I know it's soon and I know we haven't met the best way, but I like you Alex. I really do. We may barely know ourselves but it's not stopping me from liking you and I really want to clear your doubt about me. I'm not like the rest of those men that go to the club for ladies. I only go there to waste some time with my friends nothing turns me on there. Nothing but you and I hope you understand. I would really love to know you,Alex. "

There one sort of warmth in my heart.
I felt the sincerity in every word he uttered.
I didn't want this. Love or feelings like this ruined my father.
I didn't want this at all but I wanted it too.

I didn't know what to say. I was lost in thoughts.
"Okay!" I uttered.
Noah's smile was so enticing.
He hugged me once more.
"Let me walk you home!"
"And your bike? This street is not safe. Thugs everywhere "
"Don't worry. No one will take it. Let's go!".
He grabbed my hand and we walked towards my neighborhood which wasn't so far away anymore.

"I hate this environment. How do you cope?" He uttered honestly.
"I'm kinda new here and so far the environment has been friendly" I didn't want to admit the exact truth.
I have to keep that part of me s secret.
"Oh! Where do you come from?"
"Pittsburgh!" Our hands intertwined as we walked down the path leading to my yard.

I liked his presence around me, it made me feel safe. I did want to treasure this moment, treasure him but I was kinda scared too.
What if it turns out to be like my father's. What if it ruins my mission?
What if....

"Pittsburgh? That's cool!" His charming voice snapped me from my line of thoughts.
"Yes!" I mumbled unsure .

We stopped in front of my apartment.
We both grew mute staring at each other short of words.
I honestly didn't know what to say, you could say a cat had caught my tongue.

My eyes studied his face, his chestnut brown hair, his well sculptured jaws down to his sexy, enticing lips. I loved everything about him. I hate to admit it but I do and it sucks.
It really sucks. I didn't want this to happen at least not now.

It could have happened right after the Mission. Right after I had gotten my revenge. Right after I emerge victorious. Right after I make Blake and everyone along with him beg me for mercy. Right after.....

I felt his warm lips place a kiss on mine. My eyes widened in surprise, he stared at me awkwardly and I couldn't say a word.
"Sorry..." He uttered.
No! I didn't want him to be sorry, I loved it. I wanted more of it and I just realized that.

That short kiss awoken something in me, something that had been sleeping for  long.
A feeling of longing.

My hands reached for his collar and I pulled him into a deep kiss.
"Don't be sorry!" I said between the kiss that lasted quite a while right outside my house.
I pulled out gently, looking round. I did hope no one saw us. It would just get weird.

Now the awkwardness escalated beyond words.
"I enjoyed that! " He was running his hand through his hair. I could have guessed he was cursing himself for not being able to say anything, so was I.

"You should go. It's quite late! "
"Yes! Thank you Alex! I'll see you again. "
He hugged me warmly before going back.

I watched him disappear through the path.
I unlocked my door and got into my house falling on my couch.
I can't believe that just happened.
I kissed him back. I made him kiss me mad. I felt quite ashamed for not being to hold back.

I felt stupid for falling head over heels for a guy I barely knew. A guy I'm not sure of. A guy that might just want me for a night and dump me right after.

AUTHOR: Just wanted to say a quick shout-out to y'all.
And also a big thank you for reading. Follow up guys...
More chapters coming up.
©️