CHAPTER 18

ALEX

I couldn't believe the news.
My world seem to have paused and like time had stopped.
I leaned at the backseat of the cab trying to understand my emotions.

I felt happy, and scared at the same time. Some part of me couldn't wait to break this to Noah, another part was filled with anxiety and fear, like everything could just go wrong.

I caressed my tummy. Still looking flat. It has barely been a week but I got the signs so soon.

I wasn't sure if I was ready to be a mother and I don't know about Noah.
There was never protections when we meet. Desires didn't let us think straight and now, I'm pregnant.
19 and pregnant. I really don't want this to come in between I and my mission.

I'm steps away from ruining the Clovers.
Somewhere this made me feel excited, in my head I and Noah can officially be together.
O my gush. I'm gon be a mum. I would tell him this as my Christmas present.

I arrived at my hood and got into my apartment.
Ciara wasn't in. Probably she had gone to the gang house.
I did decide to go meet her there.
I didn't really tell her where I was going.

"Oh! You're back!" I met Ciara and Nathan hanging out alone in the large living room. No one else was there.
"Yes. Where's everyone!" I asked quite confused.
"Everyone's busy." Ciara muttered.
I glared at both of them.
"So Nathan doesn't have anything to do?" Ciara's cheeks reddened in embarrassment.
"What do you mean? I'm busy in the gang house as you can see not sneaking around to some place!" Nathan snapped.

"Excuse me?" I uttered not understanding what he meant.
"Nothing. Just so you know, we are raiding Carlo's son's wedding. We are gonna kidnap all of them!" Nathan did succeed in changing the subject because I was quite interested in this one.
"You do know, there would be tons of security. How the hell would y'all be able to do that?"
"Simple! We've quite some people in the government who are on our side and fortunately they did be the ones guarding the venue on that day. Don't worry Alex, we got this.".
I looked at Ciara, her eyes were fixed on me. Like she was examining me or something.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.
"Are you okay Alex? I mean you look stressed!"
"I'm fine."
"Come let's go back to your apartment. You need to be taken care of." She bid Nathan good bye and pulled me away.

                            ••••••••
CHRISTMAS

I woke up feeling so excited about the day. It was christmas. I looked out the window seeing the snow fall down from the sky.

A feeling of happiness filled my heart. I caressed my tummy in love. I would tell Noah today. I would tell Noah we are expecting a baby.
I wonder how he would feel.
I really hope he would feel happy. I know he will. He loves me.

I told him yesterday I had a surprise for him and we are meant to hang out all through today.
I couldn't wait.
I know it would be fun.

HOURS LATER

I couldn't get through to Noah. I didn't stop calling though but I wondered why he didn't pick his calls.

It's pass the time we planned on meeting but I couldn't get to him.
My whole happiness turned into sulking. I grew worried.
What if he was some kind of trouble?
But it's Christmas. He's meant to be free and happy nothing should hold him back.

I tried his number one more time and he picked it up this time.
My lips widened and formed a broad smile.
"Hello Noah!" I cheered excitedly.
"Hey!" His voice sounded sore and less happy than I expected.
"Merry Christmas!" I cheered again.
"You too" I couldn't believe his response. They were short and not romantic. Even his tone was weak.
Was he not excited to speak me??