Friends

"AVA!" I heard my mom's voice calling me from downstairs and waking me up. I groaned as I pulled the blanket over my head, trying to fall asleep again.

"AVA!" My mom yelled once again. I let out an annoyed sigh as I got up from my comfortable bed. Not even bothering to change my clothes, I went downstairs, into the kitchen.

"What?" I asked as I tried not to pass out. "Well aren't you in a good mood?" my mom joked. I rolled my eyes, waiting for my mom to tell me what was the important reason she woke me up for.

"Anna is here." mom said. Oh shoot! My eyes went wide. I haven't talked to Anna since graduation day and that was 4 days ago. She texted me asking why I was ignoring her messages but I couldn't bring myself to to answer them. I was affraid to tell her how I felt. She and Boris were my best friends.. The only friends I had in 6 years. My heart was sinking just at the thought of losing them.

Right then, Anna entered the kitchen. "Hey!" she said. She had no expression on her face. Jesus, help me.

"Hey.." I answered. "We need to talk." the redhead said.

I smiled nervously as we climbed the stairs and entered my room. I sat on the bed and she did too. She sat away from me, not sure if she should come any closer. It was understandable. I mean, after all, I was her girlfriend and ignored her texts for 3 days. A little weird if you're asking me.

"Anna.." I started. "You ignored my texts. I just came to check on you." she said innocently. I smiled to myself, realizing how nice and caring she was. I knew she didn't deserve someone as horrible as me..

"I'm sorry.. I-" Should I tell her? Yes! Don't be stupid.

"No.. It's okay! I'm just glad you're fine." Anna said. How could I lose her? "So.. Wanna grab some ice cream?" she asked excitingly. I smiled.

**

"I'll have a vanilla cup." I ordered as we were waiting in the ice cream shop. "That's sooo basic." Anna said. "But it tastes good." I defensed myself. "Whatever" she rolled her eyes playfully.

We went outside and started to walk as we ate from the sweet, refreshing ice cream. "Ice cream for breakfast.. New experience, not gonna lie." I said, taking another bite from my ice cream.

We walked and walked until we were in the front of a mall. Anna looked at me like a child who was asking their mom for some stupid toy from a stupid toy shop. I sighed as I mumbled a 'fine' before entering the huge building.

Shopping was fun.. But shopping with Anna was.. Well.. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world. I was waiting for Anna outside a dressing room. The redhead was trying on the 79th dress that day. "I knew this was a bad idea." I mumbled to myself.

**

"Let's go to the park." Anna said. I nodded as she started to drive. There were lots of kids playing around and having fun. Me and Anna sat down on a bench in front of a fountain. The sound of the water running made me feel.. Relaxed.

"Um.. Anna?" I broke the silence between us. The redhead hummed as she brought her stare to my face. She looked into my eyes, curious to hear what I was about to say.

I quickly moved my gaze to the fountain and let out a sigh. You can do this! I can do this. You have to. If you don' you will hurt her even worse. "I can't do this anymore." I closed my eyes, scared to see any reaction. There was no response. As I moved my gaze to Anna she looked confused at me. "Us.. I- we can't be together."

She stared emotionless in my eyes for a while as if processing everything. I sighed as she stared at the ground. "I see.." she said sadly. "I'm sorry.." I said. She smiled, hiding whatever she felt in that moment. We stood like that for a few minutes, but they felt like hours. None of us dared to break the silence.

"Is it her?" Anna asked. Her voice was soft but sad a little. I stared confused at her. "What? Who?"

"Xandra.." she said. I froze. Is it her? Do I feel anything for my mom's best friend? I mean.. She is beautiful and all but.. Do I really like her?

"No-" I let out a sigh. "I don't- I don't know." I added. I took a look at Anna and she was smiling. She looked back at me before pulling me into a hug. "You're still my friend, Ava. And.. I'm on your side." she mumbled between sobs.

I hugged her back. "Are you okay?" I asked as she pulled away. She let out a laugh while wiping her tears. "I'll be fine."

**

Later that day, we decided to pay a visit to Boris. Anna knocked three times on his door. I was praying his dad wasn't home. Thankfully, Boris opened the door for us and we got inside.

"Let's get drunk" Anna said. Boris got up from the couch and went to the kitchen. I texted my mother, informing her that I'll spend the night at Anna's.

Boris was soon back with three bottles of votka and a few glasses. Anna took a shot, followed by Boris, then me. My throat was burning but as the sensation dissapeared, I took another shot, feeling how the alcohol was doing its job.

The time seemed to move in slow motion. And if I wasn't concentrating on an object, the room would start to spin. Suddently, Anna started to laugh. I moved my gaze to her, confused. She didn't say anything and kept laughing. Soon, Boris joined her causing me to do the same. We were all on the floor, drunk and laughing for no reason.

I was wondering what Xandra was doing in that moment. We still haven't talked from our last fight. Even though I didn't want to admit it, I missed her. A lot. And I felt this huge desire to meet her and never leave her again.. I am sooo drunk.