Prom

As weeks passed by, me and Anna were getting along even better if that's possible. Our friendship was beautiful and it would've broken me if she left. Apparently, my mother had to stay more in Florida, so I had to live with Xandra for a while more. I didn't mind it and even though she won't admit it, Xandra seemed to enjoy my company a little too when Larry wasn't home. Their relationship was weird. And by 'weird' I mean trully weird. Sometimes they would get along really well and sometimes they would yell their lungs out at eachother. It turned into a basic thing to me.

So, on friday, I was at my locker trying to get my math notebook out. Suddently, I heard Anna's voice saying "Whatcha doin'?" "Your mom" "Hah. Very funny!" she said with a sarcastic tone. "I know, right?" I answered with the same sarcastic tone.

"Soo. Are you coming tueseday to the prom?" she asked me. "Eh.. I don't know." I answered, not really wanting to go. "Come onnn! It's going to be fun." she said. "Yea, for sure." I rolled my eyes. "Um.. Ava?" Anna asked. "Hm?" "Would you- would you like to go to the prom with me?" her voice was slow and I could barely hear her, but I did. The redhead started to nervously play with her hands. I looked at her before saying "Of course."

...

On tuesday, I was getting ready for the prom. I was wearing a red, short dress with black heels. After I did my hair and makeup, I went downstairs and waited for Anna to come and pick me up. As I entered the living room, I could feel eyes on me. When I turned around, I noticed Xandra staring at me. Creep. I smiled to myself. "So.. Can you pick me up later?" I asked her. She shrugged and went to the kitchen. After about fiveteen minutes I heard the doorbell ring. I knew it was Anna, so I took my bag and headed outside. As I opened the door, I was met by the redhead I was expecting. She stared at me wordless and said "You're.. Pretty." I looked at her and gave her a smile before saying "So are you. Now, shall we go to the prom?" she hummed and we got into her car.

At school, I started to admire the beautifuly aranged building. Everything looked charming and you couldn't even tell it was usually a horrible place. Me and Anna got inside and started to dance. We were laughing and drinking the whole night. Even though the school didn't allow alcohol at the party, someone managed to sneak some anyways. Anna got pretty drunk. I did too but not as much as her. She was a tottal mess.

I went outside to smoke a cigarette and Anna followed me. She asked me for one and we started to smoke as we stared at the sky. The both of us started to look for constelations. "I love astronomy." I said. "Oh.. I didn't know that." Anna spoke softly. We looked back at the sky and after a while Anna said something shocking for me at the moment.

"Ava.. I like you." I froze. No words came out of my mind. "I can't stop but get feelings for you and.. And I was wondering if you would like to be in- in a relationship with me." I opened my mouth to answer but I didn't. Why didn't I want to date her? She was a nice girl. She was perfect. But there was someone else that was on my mind and I didn't want to admit who it was..

"I- I need to go to the bathroom" was all I said before I quickly walked into the building. I stared at my reflexion into the mirror, almost like forcing the girl to talk about her feelings.

After a few minutes, I heard the bathroom door open. When I looked at it, I saw Anna. She made her way towards me without saying anything. She leaned closer to my face and suddently, her lips met mine. I didn't know how to react so I just kissed back. As we pulled away, we stared into eachother's eyes and started to laugh badly. "We're sooo drunk." Anna said between the laughing.

After that, we went dancing and we didn't talk about what happened in the bathroom earlier. We acted like it didn't even happen which was weird.

When it got pretty late, I went outside and sat on one of the stairs. I took my phone out and texted Xandra.

Me: heyyyyy!!! The prom is over.

Xandra: So?

Me: Please come and pick me uppp

Xandra: No

Me: :( come onnnn.

As I waited for Xandra to answer I realized she won't.

Me: please please please please.

Xandra: Are you drunk?

Me: whatttttt? Noo. Never

Xandra: Stay right there! I'm coming after you.

Me: Ok, mum.

...

"I am really mad at you but we're gonna talk tomorow. Now get in the car!" Xandra said. "Hello to you too." I answered, ignoring her words. The slow music was filling the silence between us. We were in the parking lot. "I wanna dance." I said. I noticed how Xandra squeezed her eyes a little before saying "I said get in the car!" "And I said I wanna dance." I told her, not giving up. "You know I can just leave you here, do you?" the woman threatened me. I giggled and said "My mom would hate you for that." Xandra scoffed. "Now let's dance." I said again. "No." Xandra answered coldly. "Pleaseeeeee." I begged. "You sound like a child." She said. "Please?"

Xandra scoffs and finally gives in. "Fine! But only so you can just shut up and get in the car." Xandra said. I didn't say anything. I moved closer to Xandra and I wrapped my arms around her neck. The blonde woman hesitated but in the end she wrapped her arms around my waist. We started to slowly move on the beat. I let out a giggle. "What's so funny?" Xandra asked with an annoyed tone. "I don't know." I answered before letting out another giggle. We stared into eachother's eyes. Even though it wasn't even really noticeable, I saw a small smile creep on Xandra's face, making my smile turn into a grin. Suddently, I moved even closer to the woman, pulling her into a hug. She waited a while before leaning into the hug. I inhaled her vanilla scent, not wanting to ever let go. The warmth of ber body was addicting and it made me feel safe.

Unfortunately, we got intrerupted by someone. "Ava?" a voice came from the dark. I quickly pulled away from Xandra and gulped as I looked at the person. "Anna?" I asked shocked. "Is this why you left?" the redhead asked. Her tone was different and I could tell she was mad. "Anna, I-" I tired to come up with something but nothing came up. I heard Anna scoff before running away, trying to hide her tears.

I stared at her as she ran away. My brain told me to follow her, but I didn't. I turned around to face Xandra again. "Is that your.. Girlfriend?" Xandra asked. "No!" I rushed to say but I took a moment to process everything before saying "Yes? I- I don't know." My eyes started to fill with tears and after a few seconds I started to sob. "I don't know." I repeated. Xandra took my hand in hers and led me to her car. I took a seat and tried to stop myself from crying but I failed.

Xandra stood in the driver's seat and started the car without saying anything. As we got home, I ran into my room and as I laid on the bed I fell asleep. Later that night, Xandra came to check on me while I was sleeping. She sat on the edge of the bed and looked at me. "Sweet girl.." she whispered as she placed a kiss on the top of my head..