Picture

My nightshift was almost done, when I hear someone opening the door. I look up and I feel a shiver down my spine. It was Joy..

"Hey, beautiful..." he smirked. I gulped. He seemed drunk. "Why are you here?" I tried to make my voice to sound harsh but it came out shaky. "Oh... You know... Cupcakes.." he smiled. Disgust. That's what I felt in that moment.

"Go away." I rose my voice and pushed him. "Uh uh.. And you better chill. Because you have no idea how much power I have over you." he laughed. I stared at him and scoffed. "Move! I have to close." I was walking past him, when a cold hand wrapped around my wrist. "Leave. Me. Alone." I said. "Or what? What are you going to do?" his smirk was getting bigger and bigger.

Suddently the front door opens. We both turn our looks to see Xandra with a worried look on her face. "Let go of her." she said. "How romantic... Prince-Charming came to rescue the princess." Xandra walked up to Joy and slapped him. Real hard. There was blood coming out of his nose. He looked up at Xandra and then at me. "You're gonna regret this. Both of you." he said before leaving.

I was wordless as Xandra pulled me into her embrace.

***

A few weeks passed by and my relationship with Xandra was very strict. We would only meet once a week. I was lying to my mother telling her that I'm going to parties and stuff like that. I felt guilty at the moment, but forgot about it when I saw Xandra.

I went downstairs. My mom was sat on the couch, watching the TV. "Hey." I said. But she ignored me. I furrowed my eyebrows. She was kind of distant for a few days. "What's up? Why are you ignoring me all of a sudden?" I asked. She didn't say a word. I moved closer to her and sat on the couch too. "Mooom!" I nudged her. She finally looked at me. "You wanna know what's up?! This is what's up." she shoved a picture in my face. I took it and I carefully studied it. Wait.. I remember this. It was the night I had my first date with Xandra. It was a picture of me kissing her in the park. "W-where did you get that?" my body was shaking. "DOES IT REALLY MATTER?? IT'S YOU LITERALLY KISSING XANDRA. MY BEST FRIEND." she yelled. "Mom-"

"DON'T YOU SAY A GODDAMN WORD. WHAT WERE YOU EVEN THINKING??? SHE'S THE SAME AGE AS ME FOR GOD'S SAKE." . A knot was forming in the back of my throat. "M-mom. Please. Someone could've just edited that and send it to you." I said. "EDITED?! FINE. THEN WE'RE GOING TO ASK XANDRA HERSELF, SHALL WE?" She took my wrist and dragged me to her car...

She knocked impatiently on Xandra's door. As she opened up, she gave the blonde a small smile. We both knew it was a fake one. "Well hello. If it isn't my best friend whom I share the same age with. So friend, I have a small question. Tell me.. Are you fucking my daughter?! I would like to know if so."

Xandra looked at her, then at me. "What?" she said. Her face was pale. My mom threw the picture in her face. "See for yourself." she said. Xandra stared blankly at the picture. She let out a sigh. "Thanks. That's all I needed." my mom said. "Ava, get in the car!" she said, not taking her eyes off Xandra. "Mom pleas-"

"I SAID GET IN THE CAR." she yelled. I jumped. My eyes moved to Xandra. She was looking at me with tears in her eyes. There was nothing more I wanted than to hug her in that moment. A few tears fell from my eyes as I took a last glance at the blonde.

As I closed the door, I could see my mom yelling at Xandra. I really fucked up. My sobbing filled the car. I didn't want to lose Xandra. It felt like I just got it. Who would even do that? Break us apart...

Then it hit me. "You're gonna regret this. Both of you." was the last thing Joy said to us that day. It felt unreal. He was the one who sent the picture to my mother. He was the one who broke us apart...

_____________________________________

Yup, I'm still alive 😃🙌🙌