Liar

"Mom!" I yelled as I ran towards my mother who just pulled in front of Xandra's house. She hugged me thightly and kissed my forehead. "I missed you, sweetie." she said.

My mom started to chat with Xandra for a while and they both decided they had too many things to tell eachother so my mom invited Larry and Xandra over for dinner. I sighed and got into my mom's black ford. On our way we yelled the lyrics of 'I have nothing' by Whitney Houston along with the song that was playing on the radio.

Mom and I got down from the car and entered the house. It felt nice to be back home. I quickly changed into some shorts and a top before helping my mother with the dinner..

***

Three knocks on our front door interupted our 'perfectpy, preparing the dinner table' session. As expected, it was Xandra and Larry. I threw Larry a death stare before placing the glasses on the table. "So.. Let me tell you about this passenger I had on the plane last week." my mom started. I let out a sigh and took a bite from my pasta. It was delicious. I was wondering if Xandra had any suspicions about Larry.. I mean, he was 'working' every single day and had a weird schedule. That was pretty suspicious to me.

Dinner seemed to pass by very slowly and my mind was filled with what I saw yesterday. I mentally groaned as I got up to 'take some air'. I pulled out a cigarrete from my packet and inhaled the killing smoke. I started to get worried because I started to smoke kind of a lot. But could you blame me? I was way too stressed out and the cigarettes helped me calm down.

As I got back into the house, I noticed that everyone was now in the living room. They were playing Monopoly. "Ava, come and join us." mom said. I nodded and sat down, next to my mom and Xandra. Everything seemed fun. We laughed a lot at our silly reactions when we had to pay the income tax or go to jail.

Suddently, I noticed how Larry moved his token fowards so he didn't have to pay the tax. "Hey I saw that!" my mom threw the dice, hitting Larry. "Ow." Larry whined, rubbing his arm. "Of course you had to cheat." I thought to myself, but as I saw how Larry and the others arched their eybrows with a confused expression, I realized I said that out loud. Thankfuly, no one asked anything, but Larry did change his mood.

The man went outside for a cigarette and not later after, my mom went to the bathroom, leaving me and Xandra alome. I have to tell hernor I'll explode. "Um.. Xandra?" I broke the silence. The woman hummed while she shared the money. Taking a deep breath I let it all out. "YesterdayIsawLarrywithanotherwoman."

Xandra looked at me with rising her eyebrow. "English." she ordered. I let another sigh out. "Larry.. He's cheating on you." Xandra let out a scoff. "Sure he does." she rolled her eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would I lie to you about that?" A wave of sadness washed over me at the thought of Xandra thinking I was a liar. "I don't know, but Larry would never do that." the woman scoffed. "Why would he marry me in the first place?" she added.

Our conversation was interupted by my mom rejoining us. "What are you girls talking about?" she asked us. "Nothing interesting." Xandra shrugged. My heart was slowly sinking in that moment, but I put on a fake smile as we kept playing Monopoly..