New School

So the weekend had passed by quickly. It was now Monday. Ugh, I hate mondays. I groaned as I sat up from my comfortable bed. I wanted to sleep so bad but if I wouldn't go to school, my mom would've killed me. So I decided it was better to suffer a little.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. After I brushed my teeth I decided to go change. I choose some baggy jeans and a blouse.

As I went downstairs, I started to yell "MOMM? WHERE ARE YOU?" "IN THE KITCHEN" I heard her yell back.

"Good morning" My mom said as I sat at the table. I didn't answer. I just complained. "Ugh. I don't want to go to school." Mom looked at me and said. "It's your first day, Ava. You have to!" "I know" I answered as I burried my face into my arms. "Can you at least give me a ride, please?"

"I'm sorry honey, but it's my first day at work. I can't mess up and be late." she said with an apologetic look. I groaned. "But that means I'll be late." she looked at me "I can call Xandra. I'm sure she won't mind taking you to school." Hah. Yea sure. I bet she would't mind at all. As I didn't had any options besides that I nodded, mumbling an 'okay' to my mom.

She called Xandra and in like 10 minutes, she was already in the front of our house. I rushed, not wanting to make her wait and entered in the front seat, next to her. "Uh- G-good morning." I stuttered. I couldn't concentrate on my words. I was busy checking out the woman next to me. Her golden hair was down on her shoulders as usual. She wore some shorts and a short shirt. "Good morning." she said in a cold tone.

She turned on the car and she started to drive. It was fine at first but then she suddently started to speed. She was driving truly fast and my knees turned into jelly. The heart inside of me was beating so fast that it almost jumped out of my chest. I brought my hands to the seat edges and I held them with my whole force. I looked at Xandra and she was smirking. Oh Lord. "P-please s-sl slow down" I said. I was breathing so fast and I couldn't even speak propely. She looked at me once and her smirk grew even bigger when she speed even more. Oh. My. God. We're going to die. I started to say my prayers to God, thinking I was going to die in a car with a woman who hated me. Jesus, please don't let this woman kill me right now. I haven't even had my first kiss yet.

In a few minutes we were already in the front of the school. I litterally got out from the car and laid on the ground hugging it. "Oh.. Beautiful, charming ground." I said between sighs "I tought I'll never see you again."

I just laid there for a while and suddently I heard someone's voice say "Erm.. Are you dead?" the person's voice was pretty funny. They had a russian accent. I got up from the ground and noticed a boy in front of me. He had curly, black hair and his eyes were a dark brown. "Hi. I'm fine. Just.. Decided I should show some respect to the ground." I answered. He let out a small laugh and I smiled. "You must be new here. I haven't seen you before." he said "Yep. I just moved here."  "Nice. I could use some company. I'm Boris by the way." "I'm Ava."

I didn't had any friends. I didn't want to get too attached to people because I knew my mom would just decide we should move.

"Show me your schedule! I want to see what classes we have together." he said. I showed it to him and then she said "Nice. We have a pretty simular schedule." I smiled and nodded. He was nice.

The school passed by so slowly. I felt like it wasn't coming to an end. The time with Boris was the best. He was actually really funny and it felt nice to have a friend.

"Do you want to hang out after school?" He asked me in the lunch break. "Sure, why not? Wanna study at my house?" I said. "Sounds like a plan.." he said.

***

After school, me and Boris headed to my house. We had to walk all the way there and it was exhausting. "Oh my god, I feel like I'm going to pass out." Boris said. "Hah. Don't! We're pretty close." I told him.

"Oh. Your house is really close to mine." As we entered my home, we both let out a sigh when the cool air from inside hit our body. "MOMM?" I yelled. "I'M HOME."

"THE KITCHEN." I heard my mom yell back. I entered the kitchen and she asked me "How was school?" "Boring." I said. "Mom, this is my friend, Boris. We met at school." "Such a pleasure to meet you, ma'am." he said.

Me and Boris went to my room. I took out my books and opened them. I actually had good grades at school. I cared and I wanted to pass my finals so I can get rid of all the stress.

"Ready?" I asked Boris. He nodded.

***

After 3 hours of studying, we decided to take a break. "Ughhh. I hate school." I said. I was tired. "You know what? Let's have some fun." I told Boris. "Follow me."

I led him outside next to the pool from my backyard. "What are we doin-" before he could finish his sentance, I pushed him into the pool. I laughed as he was splashing all over. He started to swim all over and then, suddently, I felt two hands grabbing my leg, pulling me into the cool, refreshing water. I chuckled as I started to splash Boris in the face with water.

It was funny. I enjoyed it a lot and he seemed to enjoy it too.

After an hour he told me he had to go home because his father would get mad if he didn't. Understanding, I led him outside. He had to go home with his wet clothes because I had nothing to give him to dress up with.

"You're gonna pay for this" he said as he walked away. I chuckled and went inside.

Maybe it's not that bad living in Vegas after all..

______________________________________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️ Please vote or comment! It inspires me to write more :')