Halloween

It was Halloween. I felt more excited than ever because I was going to spend time with Xandra. She didn't actually mention the time she'll come over, but I didn't let that fill my mind.

The atmosphere of that day was pleasant. Outside was cloudy and every house from the neighborhood was then decorated with creepy decorations. It was the perfect day for Halloween..

Around 5 pm, I started to panick. Maybe she decided not to show up.. I felt dissapointed. Laying on the couch, I opened my phone and texted Anna.

Me: What's up?

I waited and waited for an answer but there was none. I pressed my lips together realizing how bad that day was going to be.

A few more hours passed by and I almost fell asleep. But it was around 7 and a half when I heard the doorbell ring. My heart pace was fast. I made my way towards the door and opened it slowly. "Trick or treat!!!" A few kids yelled, making me jump a little. I rolled my eyes and closed the door. She's not coming..

Making my way into the kitchen, I was about to open the fridge for a snack, but the doorbell rang again. Furious I walked for the second time to the door. "I DO NOT ACCEPT TRICK OR TREATERS! IS IT NOT OBVIOUS??" I yelled, not bothering to open the door, but suddently, the doorknob moved as someone opened it. It was her. "Oh.. I'm sorry.. I thought you were.." I couldn't finish my sentance. But how could I? I had in front of me a goddess... A real one. Xandra was dressed up with some white jeans and a red crop top. Her hair was darker, almost black, and her makeup was gorgeous. "Uh.. Come in-" I said, stepping away from the door and let her in. She explored the place, and I followed her. I had decorated the house with pumpkins and candles. She sat down on the sofa, staring at me up and down. I cleared my throat. "Did you dye your hair?" I asked. Xandra rose one of her eyebrows. Of course she did, idiot. Did you really think her hair just suddently turned brown? I mentally slapped myself "It's not permanent."

"Huh?" I looked at her confused. "The dye." she added. "Oh! Well.. It- it looks good on you." I said. She just smirked, not saying anything.

"When's Mellissa coming back?" Xandra broke the silence. "She should be back before Thanksgiving." I answered. "So.. Do you want to watch something?" I asked. Xandra looked at me, slightly nodding. Turning on the TV, I put on 'The Addams Family' before pausing it. "Have you ever watched it?" I asked Xandra. As I saw her shaking her head, I gasped. "You've never watched The Addams Family??" I dramatically touched my chest. "Wait.. I'll go get the snacks. Do you want something to drink?" Xandra nodded, telling me she wants a wine.

"I love this movie." I said as we stared at the credits. Xandra shrugged. "Did you just shrug?" I asked. "I've watched better." she said, checking her phone. "You did not." I rolled my eyes. Her mouth curled up into a smirk. "Is that so?" Xandra asked. I nodded, trying to hide my smile. Suddently, her fingers moved to my stomach and she started to tickle me. "No!" I said between my giggles. She kept tickling me, making me to move my legs. I was laying on the couch struggling to make her stop and she was on top of me. She stopped after a while, with a pleased smile on her face. "Jesus.." I took a deep breath. Xandra got up and said. "I'm going outside."

I waited a few minutes, and noticed she hasn't came back, so I decided to go after her. As I opened the door, I saw her sitting on my porch, smoking a cigarette. She looked up at me, without saying anything. I just sat down next to her. The cold breeze made me shiver. "It's so cold." I said and she nodded, inhaling the smoke from her cigarette. "Can I have one?" I asked. Xandra squeezed her eyes before handing me her cigarette. She was looking intensly at me and I couldn't help but blush. I inhaled once from her cigarette before handing it back to her. I could swear she had on a slight smirk.

We ended up watching a horror movie. Xandra had already seen it and she insisted for me to watch it. So as I watched with terror the terrifying scenes of the movie, Xandra was proudly smiling as she stared at me suffering. A loud gun shot on the TV made me jump a little, causing my breath to hitch. Suddently, I felt how something warm touched my thigh. As I looked down, I saw Xandra's hand and that made my breath to hitch even more.

As I finally looked at the woman's face, she had on an evil smirk. I decided to not say anything and so I kept watching the movie, but I felt how Xandra's hand squeezed my thigh a little. By reflex, I put my hand over hers. "Are you scared?" She whispered, still smirking. I gulped not being able to say anything. I just shook my head. The woman let out a hum.

***

I was awoken by three knocks on my door in the middle of the night. I groaned and got up from the warm and cozy couch. As I opened the door, my eyes went wide. "TRICK OR TREAT!" A bunch of guys and girls yelled together, Anna and Boris right in front. "Jesus Christ!" I touched my chest. "You. Are. Crazy." I added. As I turned on the lights, people entered my house and not longer after, music started to play loudly, filling the silence. Anna jumped and pulled me into a thight hug. "You didn't think we would've let you celebrate Halloween all alone, did you?" I smiled at her and we went inside.

I found myself looking around the house, but there were no signs of her. She was gone.. Almost like she wasn't even here... Just like a forgotten dream or memory.