Fight

That night I didn't really do much. Xandra told me she had to go to work so I stood in my room listening to music.

When I woke up, I went downstairs to the kitchen and I was greeted by an amazing smell of pancackes. Larry was sat at the table and Xandra was cooking. She looked divine. It was 8 am and she looked perfect.

"Good morning!" Larry greeted me happily. "Morning." I said returning the smile. I sat down on one of the chairs. After a while, Xandra placed some pancackes on my plate. "Thank you." I said. She looked into my eyes for a second before moving her eyes away quickly. She sat on the other seat, facing me. Her brown eyes moved to mine again but this time she held eye contact. I looked away quickly, not wanting to be a creep, but I could feel her gaze burning holes into my face.

After a few minutes, Larry broke the silence by clearing his troath and saying "Well.. I should leave for work." He got up from the table and Xandra followed him.

Xandra gave Larry a long kiss on his lips. Ew ew ew. "Are you going to be back early tonight?" she asked him. Larry didn't bother to look at her. He just said "No. I have extra work to do." Xandra gave him another kiss, but this time Larry's hands moved to Xandra's waist and kissed her back with all sudden change of emotions. I suddently didn't feel so hungry anymore. When Larry left, I got up and as I was heading to my room I heard a voice say "Aren't you going to eat anymore?" "N-no thank you. I'm full" I answered. Xandra took my fork and plate and she started eating the left pancackes.

"Um.. Xandra?" I turned into her dirrection. She didn't bother to look at me. She just hummed a 'yes'. "Could I invite a friend to come over?" I asked her. Her eyes moved to mine and she squeezed them a little before saying "Who? That little boyfriend of yours? No, you are not allowed." her voice was cold and sharp. "He's not my boyfriend!" I said, feeling the anger bulid inside of me. "Do you think I'm blind, Ava? I saw you a few days ago at the restaurant with him. You didn't seem like you were just friends." she said, her cold tone not dissapearing. "Even if he was my boyfriend, it wouldn't be any of your business. You are not my mom. And I'm going to his house if you're not allowing him to come here." I told her, with noticeable fury in my voice. "Is that so? Well I might not be your mother, but Melissa, who actually happens to be your real mother, told me to take care of you while she's gone and I believe it's my right to take these kind of decisions for you. So you are not allowed to meet your little, stupid boyfriend. "

I felt like I was going to explode. The anger I felt in that moment was inexplicable. I fought my tears, not wanting to show weakness, but when I felt a tear falling on my cheek, I quickly ran upstairs to my room, not before whispering "I hate you." Xandra didn't say anything.

In my room, I let everything out and started to cry for hours.

The anger slowly faded away and after it did, I just laid on my bed, staring at the white ceiling, overthinking about what happened earlier.

Right after a few minutes, I heard the door open. "I ordered pizza." Xandra said in a cold tone. I didn't bother to look at her and I mumbled "I'm not hungry." It all went silent for a moment but I still felt Xandra's presence into the room. She finally spoke after what felt like years of awkwardness. "Were you crying?" her tone was different.. Soft I might say. But the coldness wasn't gone. I took a deep breath and said "It's none of your business." I heard her scoff and then slam the door, leaving me alone into the darkness.

I started overthinking again. Maybe I was too cruel. Maybe she wanted to apologize and I ruined everything.

After a few minutes, I decided I should go apologize to Xandra. I took a few steps on the stairs, and I realized Xandra isn't alone. Her friends were sitting on the sofa, next to her. I watched her for a while. She was laughing and her smile was the best view I've ever seen in my entire life. It was the first time I've seen Xandra like that.

All of a sudden, my phone made a buzz, which also made Xandra and her friends turn their attention to me. All the laughter just stoped. I watched them with wide eyes and my face started to burn so bad. I didn't wait any longer and ran back into my room without saying a word.

Oh Lord, that was so embaressing.

Soon, I noticed how all the laughing and talking stoped, so I assumed that Xandra's friends must've left. Not long after, I heard the door open wide. "Why were you spying on me?" Xandra asked me with anger in her voice.

My eyes widened at her statement. "I wasn't. I- I uh- I just wanted a glass of water." I lied.

"Then why didn't you just take one and ran away?" she arched one of her eyebrows. Hot.

"W- well... My mother called me." I lied again.

The blonde goddess looked into my eyes. I could've sworn I saw them getting darker. "Is that so?" she questioned with a slight smirk on her face. "Mhm." I said while nodding. "And what did she say?" her voice was low. "Erm.. She said she misses me." I answered.

Xandra scoffed and got out of my room. Hopefully she believed that.

...

After a while I started to get really hungry, so I went into the kitchen. "Is there any more pizza left?"

"Yea. In the fridge. Just put them into the microwave."

As I did so, I couldn't help but stare at Xandra. She was sitting on the sofa, watching TV. "Uhm.. Xandra?" I said as I was making my way towards her. I sat down on the sofa, next to her. She just hummed a 'yes' without taking her eyes off the TV. "I- I lied.. I didn't want a glass of water earlier." I addmited. "I know" Xandra answered blankly. I arched both of my eyebrows, I really couldn't rise only one, and asked "How?"

"I'm not dumb, Ava. I know when you're lying." she said, not even bothering to take her eyes off the TV.

"Oh... Right. Well, I just wanted to apologize. I didn't mean to be rude." I said, staring at her face for any reaction. There weren't any. "It's fine." she finally answered. Her voice sounded like she didn't care. Maybe she really didn't. I was just her friend's daughter..

The sound of the microwave broke the uncomfortable silence between us. I placed the pizza on a plate and asked Xandra if she wanted some. She said 'No' so I ran to my room.

Once I ate my pizza, I started listening to some music and then fell asleep.

***

Around 2 am, I woke up and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. I was surprised to meet Xandra in there. "What are you doing in here?" she asked me. "I'm thirsty." Xandra nodded and I took a glass, filling it with water.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I suddently asked. Xandra seemed shocked to hear the words coming out of my mouth. "I don't hate you." she coldly said. "Well, you act like you do" I continued, not knowing where all the confidence came from. Xandra scoffed before asking "And why's that?" I just shrugged as I took another sip of my water. I put the glass into the sink and went back to my room. "Good night.." I said, but Xandra didn't say anything. Whatever.