╏010

【Her contribution】

【Her contribution】

■■■■■■

Luffy spat out blood as Crocodile pierced the boy's chest with his golden hook. "Yuba will die. This sandstorm should finish it off once and for all. And its destruction will only further fuel the rebels' rage. Such cliched empathy and pity for your fellow man are what will destroy this kingdom...." Crocodile said and pushed his hook further in "The same applies to you as well Straw-Hat Luffy. If you'd only thrown your worthless friendship away, you'd have lived to see another day!"

He smirked and threw Luffy on the quicksand which was slowly sinking down and walked away to leave him to meet his death. Luffy struggled to prevent himself from getting sucked in the sand with his injured body but there was only one thing in his mind... "MEATTTTTTT!!!!"

He was slowly starting to lose all of his strength and was exhausted. But right when the sand was about to take over him completely, a few hands emerged from below and saved him. Luffy groaned and took in deep breaths as he looked at his savior with half lid eyes. "Th... Thanks..."

The female dressed in white looked at him and began to ask her question "Why?... Tell me. Those who carry the name of "D"... Why do you fight?" But before she could get her answer. A gust of wind suddenly showed up. The female looked up at the dark clouds in the sky... A relatively uncommon phenomenon to occur in Alabasta. The sound of thunder echoed and a huge bolt of lightning strikes beside Luffy revealing a female glaring at the person who saved Luffy.

"Looks like... It's time for me to go" She said left the area, leaving Luffy and Y/N alone. Y/N looked at Luffy with an unamused face. "What did you get from fighting for Vivi?" She asked him while slowly kneeling down. Luffy looked at her from the corner of his eye and gave her a shaky smile "Sh- She is... My friend."

"And you plan on dying here? This is what happens when you involve yourself with others' matters. You won't become the king of pirates if you die here.

Luffy slowly raised his hand and held Y/N's while looking at her with desperate eyes "I'll defeat Crocodile no matter what!! And... And..."