╏015

【The runaway princess】

■■■■■■

"You chose your duty over your family!" Her uncle screeched. "I didn't help you run away from the island just so you could go out there and become a Marine."

Her uncle indeed helped her to run away from the island when she was younger because she had a dream of going out to the sea and staying on the island would only bound her to the royal life. If she didn't run away that day... She would've grown up to be the queen of the Nariko Kingdom, with would further restrict her will to see the vast world... Meeting different kinds of people...

Indeed, being a royal would provide her power and control, but that wasn't something that she wanted, so that one day when she was just a nine-year-old, she ran away from the castle to set sail and her uncle played a huge role in making her dream come true.

■■■■■■

The small boat sailed by the horizon as the girl waved at the two standing at the shore. "Uncle!! If I meet dad! I'll tell him how you helped me get away! I'll miss you!!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. The male chuckled and patted the head of the girl, who was hugging his leg and sobbing as she saw Y/N sail away. "We'll miss you too, Y/N!!" He shouted back and waved at her until her boat was completely out of sight.

"Ema... stop crying," He said and picked up his daughter. "I won't have anyone to play with now..."

"That's the only thing you are sad about?"

"Hm."

■■■■■■

Y/N had everything in her boat... Huge stock of food and clothes... Maps and books that would help her as a guide, and a log pose on her wrist. The young girl was also a devil fruit bearer. The Thunder-Thunder Fruit was Nariko Kingdom's national treasure. A fruit that was passed down to the King or Queen of the kingdom from generation to generation. It wasn't the right time for Y/N to bear the fruit, but she unknowingly made her to the chamber where the fruit was being kept with tight security, and she ate it.