𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮

"Do we really have to physically sit for our portraits?" Jeremiah asks making his breakfast, trying not to let Beau and Steven who were behind him, distract him. "Can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something? Okay, get out!"

"What? Why?" The two boys whine with a laugh.

"She needs to see you in the flesh." Laurel starts. "You know, in order to capture your essence."

"Capture your essence my ass." Sylvia mumbles keeping her eyes on her book reading to Conrad who was next to her laughing.

Sylvia hasn't talked to anyone this morning except for Conrad and Beau. She didn't feel like talking to them...she was embarrassed and when it came to taking to anyone besides the two, she'd shut down. She was slowly opening up though.

"While you're still young and full of hope." Jeremiah, Beau and Steven all turn to look at her giving her a look before laughing. "Her words."

"Well, Conrad does not have hope, actually." Jeremiah puts the spatula down. "He's hopeless, but not as hopeless because he has Vi, but since she can't cure his hangover my smoothie will."

"Can you please just hurry up?" Conrad rushes his brother.

"I want one." Sylvia whispers to Conrad.

"We can share." Conrad tells her making her blush slightly. "That is okay, right?"

"Mhm." Sylvia smiles slightly going back to her book.

"Go back to bed, all right?" Jeremiah says back. "Or let Vi keep reading to you!"

"Come on." Sylvia chuckles patting her lap. Conrad smiles putting his head in her lap as she continues reading the book in her hands that was called 'Reminders Of Him by Colleen Hoover.'

"She hasn't painted you guys since you were little." Laurel continues. "I think it'd be nice to have these portraits for when you're older."

"Old. No." Steven shakes his head. "When I'm older, I'm sure there'll be, like, holograms or something I can watch myself, you know?"

"Do you know how stupid you sound?" Sylvia tilts her head at her brother who goes to respond, but was cut off by the sound of the blender.

The sound of the blender makes Conrad jump, his head hitting the book in Sylvia's hand. Sylvia bites her lip trying to stifle her laughter, Conrad lets out a grunt as he stares at her. "It's not funny."

"I'm not laughing." Sylvia puts her hands up in surrender.

"You're about too." Conrad lays his head back down.

"Are you accusing me of lying?" Sylvia gasps dramatically placing a hand on her chest. "I would never."

"Whatever." Conrad flicks her knee, Sylvia then flicks his ear making him groan.

After last night and this morning, the two started talking and hanging like they use to. They had so many questions they wanted to ask, but held them in not wanting to ruin what they started again.

"I don't see Conrad or Sylvia complaining." Laurel types on her computer.

"He'll complain when he's conscious." Beau throws a grape into his mouth. "And Sylvia is just going with the flow."

"Exactly." Jeremiah agrees passing his brother  the smoothie he made.

Conrad grabs it sitting up. "Thank you."

"Come on, man." Steve groans. "Hurry your ass up, alright? I can't be late for my first day of work."

"Yeah, come on Jere." Beau stands next to Steven. "I want to see you sweaty and without a shirt already."