𝖧 𝖤 𝖠 𝖱 𝖳

BACK IN THE CAR and on the road, Sylvia clutches onto her hurting stomach as her head pound's slightly. She knew why she was like this. She hasn't ate since the dinner she had with her family.

When Sylvia didn't eat, which was majority of the time, she grew nauseous and her stomach would start acting out. She only hoped it wouldn't expose her until they found Conrad.

Her hopefulness didn't get her anywhere because her stomach lets out a loud rumbling sound. She shy's away when both Beau and Jeremiah look at her. Jeremiah's eyes widen slightly. "Was-Was that your stomach?"

"You didn't eat?" Beau scolds his best friend.

"Obviously not." Sylvia rolls her eyes. "The last thing I ate was dinner with Steven and them. Then hot chocolate in the morning. That's all. I'm hungry."

"You're a little kid." Beau comments. "If someone doesn't tell you to eat. You won't."

"I forget, okay?" Sylvia puts her hands up in defense.

"You forget?" Jeremiah repeats, but shakes his head. "It doesn't matter. Lucky for you, we are almost to pie."

Sylvia leans forward in between the two front seats, she looks at Jeremiah with a beaming smile. "Rosie's? Are you for real?"

"So is that a yes?"

"Don't even think about Conrad." Beau points at her.

Sylvia's smile never leaves her face as she stares at Jeremiah. "Of course it's a yes! Make that stop!"

Jeremiah laughs, eyeing the girl before he pulls goes through an exit and right into Rosie's parking lot. Sylvia lets out a squeal as she jumps out of the car. Beau and Jeremiah look at her amusingly. Jeremiah looks to his boyfriend. "She's such a kid."

"Cousin's and food bring out that side of her." Beau shrugs as they follow the Conklin girl.

The three walk to the window of the small little cabin like pie bakery and flower shop. Sylvia runs her eyes over the menu, not that she needed it. She waited for Jeremiah and Beau to join her before she ordered. "I'm going to get one mini apple pie and then a regular blueberry one to go and a cherry one for Beau."

"So predictable." Jeremiah rolls his eyes playfully.

"So are you." Sylvia remarks, she puts on a fake thinking face. "You aren't going to get pie because you don't want to ruin your abs and you hate how sweet they are, but you're going to take some of mine and Beau's anyway."

"Right on." Beau claps as Jeremiah offensively gasps. "What? It's true. You literally won't eat anything sweet unless we're at a party or something."

"You guys are mean."

Beau and Sylvia laugh at the boys offended look. Their laughter quickly comes to an end when the sound of Sylvia's name is called. "Syl?"

Sylvia turns around and an awkward smile forms on her lips when she sees Nicole. "Nicole."

Jeremiah and Beau cover their mouths, trying not to let laughter escape past their lips as Nicole walks towards her and pulls her into a hug. Sylvia slowly patting her back before she pulls away, going in between Jeremiah and Beau, slapping their backs harshly making them cover up a groan.

"Hi." Nicole waves at the boys before a sympathetic looks forms on her face when she looks at Jeremiah. "Jere, I was so sorry to hear about your mom. She was so lovely."

Jeremiah reaches for Sylvia's hand as he looks at the floor before giving her a small nod and smile. "Yeah, she was. Thank you."

"Um, we have to go." Beau stops Nicole from speaking further. He grabs Jeremiah's hand. "Our order is ready."