{•XXXVII•}

⚠️ Warning: Chapter contains mentions of death and scenes depicting violence, blood/gore, and use of weapons/firearms. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

{•Lynette•}

All of a sudden, in a flash, we fall through the bruise colored flames and then both hit the ground, but end up rolling down a steep, snowy hill.

I yelped as I rolled down, trying to stop as I went down, Lilith as well.

We then reached the bottom and stopped as the snow soaked into our clothes.

I groaned as I managed to sit up, rubbing my head.

What the hell was that?

I then looked around and my eyes widen as I realized where I was.

The maze. The building. The emblem.

"Wait.... This place....." I said outloud, managing to stand up, Lilith doing the same as she was a few feet away from me.

"Its Oblivion..... Obsidian's mirror world," she said, then turned to the building, brushing off some snow from her jacket. "This is your father's mental institution...."

I frowned as I looked around, not sure how I'm even here.

"I've been here before...." I said.

"What? Impossible," she snapped at me. "No one gets through Oblivion, not unless you've met Death or been summoned by someone here," she snapped.

I furrowed my brows as she paced around, trying to understand .

"Question is, what the hell are we doing here....?" she asked, sounding suspicious.

"Do not let your guard down!"

I gasped as the voice warned me, and quickly grabbed my sword, getting ready as she turned back to me.

"At least while we're here, we can get you your own cell," I snarled.

Lilith glared at me as she scoffed.

"So this is it.... The long awaited final battle," she snarled. "And with my bastard granddaughter, no less."

"You killed my mother...." I snarled.

"Wrong!" she snarled. "Your mother died because of the choices she and her brothers made!"

"YOU TRIED TO MARRY HER OFF TO SOME SERIAL KILLER!!!" I screamed.

She was quiet as she glared at me.

"She was a child... YOUR CHILD!!!" I shouted. "Did you ever, even once in your life, feel an ounce of love for any of them!?!?"

She was quiet as I glared at her, ans then was shocked at her silence.

"I see...." I said, shaking my head. "So a crown that isn't even yours is more important than your own children..... Than even your own husband?"

She froze at my words.

I then realized I hit a nerve.

"Keep at it. You're doing well."

I squinted a bit at Lilith.

"Wait a minute..... You never even loved Alexander.... Did you?" I said.

"You shut your mouth," She snarled.

"No, no.... It all makes sense now!" I snapped. "You weren't angry with me all that time I was your prisoner because I killed your husband..... You were furious because Alexander was more eligible than you could ever be!"