{•XXXI•}

{•Lynette•}

"How long was I out?" I mumbled as I rested in bed, Remington sitting next to me.

Remington looked up at me. "You were in that dream state for about 13 hours.... Give or take...."

I took a deep breath and nodded, hugging my knees to my chest. "It felt like ages... God, my head still feels all fuzzy....."

He looked at me worriedly. "Here... Leda made your favorite lavender tea... To help with any shaken nerves...." I said as he placed the cup in my hands.

Once I had calmed down a bit, everyone decided to give me some time to pull myself together before asking me anything at all, though I was able to say some things before I was stopped.

Apparently though, I accidently said Remington's name, so its lead to a few questions from allies who were there and had no idea, so Andrew had to help take care of that...

I gulped and nodded. "Thank you..." I mumbled.

I let the cup warm my hands, looking down at it.

He was quiet before sitting up on the edge of the bed next to me.

"Lynette.... What did you see in that dream state?" Remington asked softly. "And don't say you didn't see much, because it wouldn't have made you cry like that..... You were so terrified, a-and then reacting to your trauma while you were unconscious...."

I gulped nervously, and looked down at the tea, watching the steam slowly rise from the leafy liquid.

"Because.... Alexander was in my dreams," I added.

His eyes widen a little, and I sighed

"I-I.... I learned things in there... Thankfully nothing concerning, until.... U-Until... " I mumbled.

He frowned. "Until what?" he asked.

She closed her eyes as a stray tear fell.

"My family is innocent.... They never meant to hurt you, hell they never did...." I said. "They were trying to help you, cure something that you were suffering from, and also trying to protect you and your brothers, but... Something went wrong...." I said. "All because of the Visigoth's...."

He frowned but nodded. "T-That's good then, their names our cleared.... Right?"

I sniffled and wiped my tears away.

"What else is bothering you?" he asked.

I sniffled softly before looking up at him.

Those dark brown eyes.... So full of love and kindness.... Eyes that see me as a part of his heart....

... Did those eyes ever see me as something ugly, however?

"C-Can I ask you something?" I asked softly.

"Anything, my love," he murmured, holding my hand in his.

i took a deep breath and looked at him.

"Remington.... When you guys found out I had the Visigoth mark...." I asked, looking up at him. "Did... Did you think at.... At any moment that I... That I was evil...? Like them?"

His eyes widen in shock. "What? No! N-No, Lynette, where.... Where is this coming from?" he asked.

I pursed my lips and looked down before the door opened, Samuel walking in.

"Pardon me, my lord.... Duchess Lynette's uncles are here, along with the king and queen," he said.

Remington looked back at me worriedly, still shaken by my question.