{•XXIV•}

{•Emerson•}

We all sat around the council room and watched as Genevieve lifted up a familiar looking item, stained with old blood.

"T-That was what killed me?" Lynette asked, looking at the stake in shock as Remington placed his hands on her shoulders

"T-That was what killed me?" Lynette asked, looking at the stake in shock as Remington placed his hands on her shoulders. "That thing is huge...!"

"Visigoth's like to make sure they cause plenty of damage," Hermes scoffed.

"And this stake was no exception," Genevieve said. "I had James and Austin search for it before training began, and lucky for us, they were successful."

We watched as she placed it at the center of the table before speaking again.

"For those who don't know, this stake is what slain our princess that night, but the question rose as to how she was revived to later kill Alexander Visigoth," Genevieve said. "Which is also how Amadeus was murdered."

We all froze and I looked over at Lynette, who looked down.

"But.... A vampire killed Amadeus..." Sebastian said.

Genevieve pursed her lips and looked over at Lynette, who stood up.

"It was me.... I was the vampire who killed Amadeus...." She confessed.

My eyes widen.

"N-No, impossible.... Y-You're human now...." Sebastian said.

"Well, just a few seconds after I drank his blood, I suddenly turned back..." She said.

"No, that's impossible, nobody can just turn back into a human after turning into a vampire," Victoria said.

"Not exactly....." Genevieve said, walking over and taking a spellbook. "There is a poison that is brewed, called the Poțiune mortală."

"Mortality Potion," Victoria said. "Supposedly made by Romanian hunters centuries ago...."

"I thought that was a myth," I said, my brows furrowing.

"Not unless they have a sorceress making it," Genevieve said.

We all stopped as we realized what this meant.

"That sorceress, Lilith, has been their supplier on this potion...." Larisa said.

"You mean.... We could all be at risk of.... Turning human?" Ethan asked in shock.

"The chemical being moved around town, that must have been what Lilith was having moved around," Sebastian said. "Her way of making the kill easier."

"That's why Lynette became a human again... Remington giving her his blood turned her into a vampire, but with the poison already in her bloodstream it counteracted it and just turned her back," Shy said in realization.