Chapter Twenty Two

Laying in bed, Eddie next to me. I went in the bedroom hoping to get a quick nap before everything that's ahead, I just want to be well rested. Safe to say that didn't work out very well, Eddie came in seconds after and laid down next to me.

We're laying flat on our back with our legs hanging over the bottom of the mattress. I turn my head to look at him, we talked about a few theories involving Vecna, he said that's why he came in here in the first place. But after that conversation its just been quiet, and since he's not letting me sleep alone I ask him a question "when we finish all this and go back home, what are you gonna do?" He turns his head to looks at me so now we're both looking at each other.

"Probably what I've always been doing"
I want more out of him "which is"
"Ummm well I can't wait to see my boys at hellfire.. I wanna graduate."
"Shouldn't you have graduated like three years ago?" I ask
He chuckles "yea whatever" I laugh "go ahead and laugh its very funny I know" he's looking up at the ceiling smiling.

I'm still laughing when he says "high school is a joke"
"Because you can't pass Mrs Huntins class?" I ask jokingly
He rolls his eyes and laughs then looks back to me "okay first of all" I start to laugh again "she changes he final every year and I swear most of the questions on it are stuff we didn't even learn"

I say "we definitely learned it Eddie you just weren't paying attention"
"You're in that class?" He asks me
"Yea second period"
He makes a shocked face "no way I though you had Sweeney?!"
I laugh "no Sweeney teaches tenth grade!" And he laughs "oh yeaaa" he puts his hand over his face "I had him last year, I get mixed up"

I laugh "you had tenth grade math last year?!"
He says "I failed it twice Angie don't yell at me"
I laugh really loud his time "Sweeney has like the easiest class how do you  fail that?"
He nudges my stomach with his hand "shut up"

I roll over on my side and hold my head with my hand so I can see him better "I could help you study if you want"

He looks up at me still laying down so he only moves his eyes "I don't think I've ever studied in my life"
I smile "well there's your problem Munson! You actually have to try"
He moves his eyes to look back down at his hand where he's twisting his rings "I don't want to"

"You want to graduate right?" I ask and he looks up at me again with his eyes "I really do" he says

"Well then come over to my place and I'll help you"

He rolls over on his side so were both in the same position now, looking face to face. "Fine" and I smile

He says "only cause you want me too"
"I want to help you"
He smirks

I sit up on my bum now, my arm was starting to hurt, Eddie does the same. We're both sat at the end of the bed with our legs hanging off he edge. "You better mention me in your graduation speech though" I say to him

"No honey only the valedictorian makes a speech" he looks over to me "but I'll be sure to thank you later" he winks and I can feel a blush to my cheeks

"You better" I tease

"I also want to see what this Hellfire club thing is can you show me?" I ask
He looks down at his shirt "yea sure, we meet after school every Tuesday and Thursday down in the basement, and don't say that's creepy cause its not" I nod my head "why the basement?"

He shakes his head at that question "how bout we don't ask questions and you just show up to one of meetings and we'll teach you how to play"
"Play what?" I ask, I have no idea what goes on in that club "dungeons and dragons?" He looks at me for some kind of realization but I have no idea what that is.

"Okay well just come down and we'll show you" he looks down at my cheer leading uniform "only if you wear that skirt" he smirks

"Only if I get one of those t-shirts" I point to his hellfire club shirt. "Done" he says and we both smile at each other.

"So its settled" I say "If you let me help you study I'll go to one of your dumb dragons game meetings" he laughs "dungeons and dragons and yea that is the plan"

I want to make this more fun so I say "and you also have to come to one of my cheer meets" he rolls his eyes "is that necessary?"

"Yes! People bring their friends there all the time, you can sit on the bleachers to keep me company"

"Will you be warring this?" He point to my uniform again "yes duh" I reply and tosses his head back like he's thinking hard about it "uhhhh yea, yea I'll be there"

"Yay" I lean in and wrap my arms around him, hugging him. Its what I do when I get happy but I've never been this close to Eddie.

He smells like cigarettes and deodorant but for some reason I love it.

I slowly unwrap myself from his arms and I find that he had his arms around me too. We separate enough to see each others faces but we're still connected, so close to one another.

I can feel him getting closer, like he's leaning in. What's about to happen with us all depends on how I respond to this situation, I lean in towards him as well, and when are lips are inches away from each others the door suddenly slams open.

We unwrap our arms from one another and move to different corners of the bed faster than you can imagine. Then we look up and see Steve standing there at the door with a mad look on his face.

He backs up off the door and puts his head down before saying to us "we're here"

Me and Eddie look to each other from opposite sides of the bed and I know we're boh thinking about what almost happened if Steve didn't open that door. I can't tell if he wanted it to happen or not, and for me, I kinda did.